SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats to NDSU

southpaw

Its also on AGS started by a Bison fan, went about 4 or 5 pages before one single UND fan commented on it. I love the argument UND needs NDSU more than NDSU needs UND, and the game should ONLY be played in Fargo. Well how about this rebuttal on that....UND and NDSU's schedule is full in 2014, but 2015-2018 UND has 1 spot to fill per year so 4 spots for 4 years, NDSU has on average 2-3 spots empty per year so 8-12 spots for 4 years, and with teams backing out of home and homes on them, plus the price for a team coming to Fargo (remember Bison fans say the team CANNOT go on the road), I would think NDSU needs UND to fill that void without fear of a backout and without charging outrageous prices to come to Fargo. So when GT schedules another Ferris State or brings in Prairie View for 500,000 (prices do go up every year), lets see how long it takes him to give Faison a call to schedule a home and home.

If NDSU is paying $500,000 for a home game, that means we are more than likely in a BCS conference(not happening obviously)....or is this game in about 10-20 years?

Its also on AGS started by a Bison fan, went about 4 or 5 pages before one single UND fan commented on it. I love the argument UND needs NDSU more than NDSU needs UND, and the game should ONLY be played in Fargo. Well how about this rebuttal on that....UND and NDSU's schedule is full in 2014, but 2015-2018 UND has 1 spot to fill per year so 4 spots for 4 years, NDSU has on average 2-3 spots empty per year so 8-12 spots for 4 years, and with teams backing out of home and homes on them, plus the price for a team coming to Fargo (remember Bison fans say the team CANNOT go on the road), I would think NDSU needs UND to fill that void without fear of a backout and without charging outrageous prices to come to Fargo. So when GT schedules another Ferris State or brings in Prairie View for 500,000 (prices do go up every year), lets see how long it takes him to give Faison a call to schedule a home and home.

To be fair, FU had to bring in Ferris (Wheel) State because they had to find a last-minute replacement and that is all that was left. I don't think they are happy about it at all.

If NDSU is paying $500,000 for a home game, that means we are more than likely in a BCS conference(not happening obviously)....or is this game in about 10-20 years?

How much was Prairie View last year and how much was Ferris this year? Just saying if not that high pretty close to it, since you have to add inflation and more teams saying no to NDSU.

To be fair, FU had to bring in Ferris (Wheel) State because they had to find a last-minute replacement and that is all that was left. I don't think they are happy about it at all.

2 years 2 buyouts...not a good track record. I think GT either won't schedule any home and homes or make the price one million for a buyout.

Where is the guarantee that UND wouldn't buy out like MSU did this year?

I believe Bunning's track record was even worse. Thank God we have Faison now; he has done a solid job of avoiding buyouts.

Wasn't the buyout from Idaho St like 10k or something ridiculous, he had to be the worst AD UND has ever had.

Wasn't the buyout from Idaho St like 10k or something ridiculous, he had to be the worst AD UND has ever had.

Not even an argument to be made with that last statement, but the guy could do push-ups like Jack Lalanne...minus the juicer!

How much was Prairie View last year and how much was Ferris this year? Just saying if not that high pretty close to it, since you have to add inflation and more teams saying no to NDSU.

Not sure on Prarie View but I think Ferris was like $180,000. And if we add inflation, I presume that means ticket prices are also going up to account for the extra coin spent on bringing teams in for the woodshed beating.

Two teams that would have probably beat UND like the red-headed stepchildren that they are. If your only hope at beating NDSU is the "miracle" game, shows how different the programs are.

Dokay now....you are pepping up an FCS team are you not? Lets get real here.

UND is going to buyout of an NDSU game? Anything can happen, but I would say there is a .000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance that would ever happen!! :)

Who backed out of the annual game in 2003? That's not that long ago. Why should NDSU believe that there won't be a repeat performance?

This game ain't happening on Taylor's watch, plain and simple. Go on the road for a check, book a couple of tomato cans at home. UND doesn't fit the formula...although listening to the FU collective you'd think they'd want a tomato can like UND at home.

Was there a contract for a game in 2004? I don't know the answer for certain.

Oh c'mon, do we really have to go through this again? You know what happened ... UND welched on a commitment at the last minute. Strikingly similar to what Montana State did to NDSU this year (although they weren't nearly as big of dicks about it). Now you expect us to believe that UND would never, ever do that ... again?