SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats to NDSU

southpaw

Lets throw a spotlight on the big ass elephant hanging out 70 miles south. I was pretty impressed with their team tonight. I watched the second half and was cheering for KState but the Bison played well. Brock Jensen led a pretty incredible drive for the win. They're a good team and would be scary to meet this year. I don't think they will cruise to it, but a third straight title is expected.

I hope they lose to Ferris State.

Eating crow here. They won both on the scoreboard and on the field. No fluke win, they out coached them, out played them and had the mental discipline to march down the field for the winning touchdown.

They earned it. Hats off the the Bison. (Now, keep your pants zipped up, hands off the merchandise, no bar fights, and for God's sake, stay away from petition drives!)

with this ndac win that automatically means that the ksac will go about 2-9 this year guaranteed...

They at SU are scheduling geniuses. K State may not recover from this loss this year. Then again K State may be down this year. Fun game to watch. K State hardly blitzed in the game. You would think K States d backs coud cover SU's receivers in man coverage. They gave Jensen a 4 a year starter to much time.

I will congratulate them on something as soon as they acknowledge that hockey is a legitimate college sport. I think there is a better chance of that region below our feet reaching 32F.

Yes it's a legitimate college sport. Just one that ESPN.com has decided doesn't deserve it's own page. :) JK but in all seriousness I knew we would be competitive and I actually thought we were going to win yet I'm still in shock from the finish. Damn, we're the lead story on Sportscenter. Crazy.

Yes it's a legitimate college sport. Just one that ESPN.com has decided doesn't deserve it's own page. :) JK but in all seriousness I knew we would be competitive and I actually thought we were going to win yet I'm still in shock from the finish. Damn, we're the lead story on Sportscenter. Crazy.

I'm still looking for that FCS link on the front page of ESPN. :)

It takes just as much work to get to the FCS scoreboard as it does to the college hockey page.

The Bison played an impressive game last night and shocked a lot of arrogant K-State fans. Bohl is a hell of a coach, which leads me to believe he's going to be getting poached by an FBS team after this season.

I can't imagine him staying in the FCS but then again maybe GT will open up the option for NDSU to move up.

I can't imagine him staying in the FCS but then again maybe GT will open up the option for NDSU to move up.

I'm not sure where they'd go? MAC? Sun Belt? Not a lot of room at the Inn at the moment. Best option would be to create one using the WAC's old spot.

Jensen is flat out a winner! Slightly above average QB skills but off the charts leadership skills. Desire/will to win can not be quantified. Watched the last 13:30 minutes. Amazing final drive and huge win which is becoming the norm to the south.

Time for UND to step up and at least get a quality FCS win vs. Jacks at home in a week. No more "toe to toe" BS. No more past Great West co-champs talk. Time to get it done next Saturday.

• Upvote 2

I will congratulate them on something as soon as they acknowledge that hockey is a legitimate college sport. I think there is a better chance of that region below our feet reaching 32F.

Hey I am a college hockey fan (G*pher fan, sorry!)...sad reality is most Bison fans don't care about hockey because they didn't grow up with it as a sport in their area. Hard to "make" someone love a sport they don't understand. I didn't have wrestling at my school in High School and I couldn't tell you much about it, or soccer for that matter.

You guys have an unbelievable hockey program and are dang proud of it, which you should be. Top notch hockey and it's run like a professional organization top to bottom. Sad part most Bison or UND fans don't get is even though the sports are 2 different animals (and yes, different "level" within their sport)...is how similar the programs are because they were built in a way in which today they each have amazing tradition, fan bases, and success. Division 2 Championships in football can be laughed at by many fan bases, but it has helped build a fan base that is deep and proud (and obviously obnoxious at time but that comes in various forms in every fan base).

So...heck yes. You have something special in GF with your hockey team. And you have a football program that has done some great things in the past as well, and are dang proud of your school, which you should be. Best wishes in your next 3 games....it's like running a playoff gauntlet right in your dang back yard.

I'll enjoy this Bison win and now I'm moving on to being POd again that MSU backed on for the home opener....so your team can whip that tail for me if you don't mind too.

Represent ND with pride!

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure where they'd go? MAC? Sun Belt? Not a lot of room at the Inn at the moment. Best option would be to create one using the WAC's old spot.

I know GT didn't want to move up because he didn't want to play in a crappy bowl, but maybe when the BCS teams split and if there is a NC to play for against MW, MAC, SB, etc this win against KSU may open the door to some FBS thinking.

The Bison played an impressive game last night and shocked a lot of arrogant K-State fans. Bohl is a hell of a coach, which leads me to believe he's going to be getting poached by an FBS team after this season.

Coach is not getting any younger...

Congrats to the Bison on another very impressive win!

It is now time for my fellow UND fans to discontinue any debates with Bison fans about football - at least until we arrive at their level. I am proud of our successful run against them prior to their moving up but that is "old news"!

We need to provide the support ($ and attendance) for our program to continue to improve. We have a long ways to go!

Congrats....huge win. Super hockey fan here but I'm trying to determine where that win ranks on biggest ND wins...#1???

In football, it could be the biggest win in ND history. However, we will have to wait and see how KSU does this year...if they are a 2-9 team...maybe not. I figure they're probably a 7 or 8 win team this year. If that is the case, it would be the biggest football win in ND history.