SiouxSports.com Forum

UND 2013-14 season

Frozen4sioux

Four of this past season's top six goal scorers (based on goals/game) return for next season (see below). Incoming forward Adam Tambellini is a pure goal scorer, and if Postmaster General Rocco has 1/2 of his post shots ring post & in next season, he could score 25 times. I'm pretty optimistic about next season...

1 - Kristo - 0.65

2 - Knight - 0.39

3 - Grimaldi - 0.33

4 - Ma. MacMillan - 0.31

5 - Parks - 0.28

6 - Mi. MacMillan - 0.25

http://www.uscho.com/stats/team/north-dakota/mens-hockey/2010-2011/

Yeah, and after the 2010-2011 season, we lost 6 of our top 7 scorers and still were pretty decent.

• 2 weeks later...

I just glanced at our roster right now and one thing really stood out to me, besides Panzarella, none of our defenseman are physical at all. If Panzarella doesn't play, we will have the 6 d-men playing: Simpson, Mattson, Schmaltz, LaDue, Stecher, and Thompson. Seriously, besides Simpson and Schmaltz, who is going to penalty kill? This team is going to lack a lot of sandpaper at the defensive position next year.

LaDue is a great penalty killer, not the fastest player but he is very savvy and good with his stick in lanes

• 2 weeks later...

UND @Miami, Friday night, game will be televised.NCHC 2013-2014 Composite Schedule

Very cool, North Dakota will be playing in the first ever NCHC game and it will be on National TV. I see the UND at UNO game on Saturday night will also be on CBS Sports. Good news. Maybe Midco will be able to pick up the Cox feed for the Sunday game, if Cox does the game.

UND @Miami, Friday night, game will be televised.NCHC 2013-2014 Composite Schedule

Just an FYI ... if anyone else is planning on making the trip out to Miami, keep in mind that this particular weekend is Miami's homecoming weekend, and Oxford, Ohio is not a huge metropolis - (pop. approx 25,000). So I'd think about booking hotels now if you're planning to go or you may have to drive in from a nearby town. I only found one hotel with rooms available that weekend. I'll be there. Looking forward to my first trip to Ohio.

Maybe this belongs in a road trip thread... oh well. :D

Definitely not the kind of news we want to see...

Men's hockey players lose scholarship money for after season violations

UND men’s hockey coach Dave Hakstol is taking scholarship money away from players after they received citations following the season.

Three freshman players — Zane Gothberg, 20, Colten St. Clair, 20, and Bryn Chyzyk, 20 — received citations for underage drinking, while sophomore Stephane Pattyn, 22, received a noise citation.

Gothberg’s minor occurred March 31 after the team returned home from the West Regional in Grand Rapids, Mich. The other players received their citations over the weekend.

“This is going to cost some people significant scholarship dollars and trigger other internal actions,” Hakstol said.