SiouxSports.com Forum

UND 2013-14 season

Frozen4sioux

I just glanced at our roster right now and one thing really stood out to me, besides Panzarella, none of our defenseman are physical at all. If Panzarella doesn't play, we will have the 6 d-men playing: Simpson, Mattson, Schmaltz, LaDue, Stecher, and Thompson. Seriously, besides Simpson and Schmaltz, who is going to penalty kill? This team is going to lack a lot of sandpaper at the defensive position next year.

A lot of good it did to have Mac be physical this season. He would just get called for a penalty after a big clean hit. ;)

Hopefully checking is allowed in the new league. And for the love of God I hope diving is called in the Big Ten....

It's a good time. I will be passing out Ohio State Buckeye helmet stickers as door prizes next year LOL!

I guess they can plan on adding a few more dollars to the Ohio State Athletic Department profit next year. Just what they need, more money.

I guess they can plan on adding a few more dollars to the Ohio State Athletic Department profit next year. Just what they need, more money.

Are they still paying Maurice Clarett for the 2001 football title or was that account closed?

I just glanced at our roster right now and one thing really stood out to me, besides Panzarella, none of our defenseman are physical at all. If Panzarella doesn't play, we will have the 6 d-men playing: Simpson, Mattson, Schmaltz, LaDue, Stecher, and Thompson. Seriously, besides Simpson and Schmaltz, who is going to penalty kill? This team is going to lack a lot of sandpaper at the defensive position next year.

Both LaDue and Thompson posses the ability to be effective PK players next season. Might not be the physical presence that Mac was (not many could...), but they are certainly not afraid to body up with the opposition. LaDue is going to surprise a lot of people with how good he turns out to be, IMO.

Both LaDue and Thompson posses the ability to be effective PK players next season. Might not be the physical presence that Mac was (not many could...), but they are certainly not afraid to body up with the opposition. LaDue is going to surprise a lot of people with how good he turns out to be, IMO.

I really agree with this statement; I have seen him play 5+ times and he is very good. Best defenseman in the USHL...not bad. I'm surprised Thompson is making the jump though....he have been tracking his production and initially thought he was going to have a better year this year. I wished he good get one more year of junior hockey.

I've always wanted to attend, but the hogger is a long way from south Minneapolis ( where I live)...

Hmnnn...and all this time, I thought south Minneapolis was a 20 minute drive to Little Canada! Hope to see you there next year!

I predict a good turn-out next March at the inaugural NCHC Final Four Hoggsbreath Brunch!

Maybe I should come back for that, just so we can convince Cratter that we're not all a bunch of old farts around here (no offense intended to those of you who are :) ).

I've always wanted to attend, but the hogger is a long way from south Minneapolis ( where I live)...

"A long way" is a very relative phrase. For example, I have to travel two and a half hours to get to the nearest mexican restaurant not named Taco Bell. 20-30min to the Hogg = not so bad.

don't get me wrong, we lose a ton with kinight and kristo gone. but maybe next years could have an easier time gelling together as there won't be 6 months spent trying to find one player to fit on a certain line thus wreaking havok with the other line combos. I have a feeling next years team could advance farthr than the last two. I am fulling expecting a slow start and an unbelievable finish.

don't get me wrong, we lose a ton with kinight and kristo gone. but maybe next years could have an easier time gelling together as there won't be 6 months spent trying to find one player to fit on a certain line thus wreaking havok with the other line combos. I have a feeling next years team could advance farthr than the last two. I am fulling expecting a slow start and an unbelievable finish.

Four of this past season's top six goal scorers (based on goals/game) return for next season (see below). Incoming forward Adam Tambellini is a pure goal scorer, and if Postmaster General Rocco has 1/2 of his post shots ring post & in next season, he could score 25 times. I'm pretty optimistic about next season...

1 - Kristo - 0.65

2 - Knight - 0.39

3 - Grimaldi - 0.33

4 - Ma. MacMillan - 0.31

5 - Parks - 0.28

6 - Mi. MacMillan - 0.25

I am optimistic about next year as well. Grimaldi is one of those special players, that no matter who he plays with, he generates chances. It doesn't matter if he plays with MacMillan, or Pattyn, he will generate chances. He is so individually dynamic, that he could play with 4th line players, yet that line would still be a scoring threat. I think he should center two freshman next year, which will help jump start their transition to the NCAA.

I am optimistic about next year as well. Grimaldi is one of those special players, that no matter who he plays with, he generates chances. It doesn't matter if he plays with MacMillan, or Pattyn, he will generate chances. He is so individually dynamic, that he could play with 4th line players, yet that line would still be a scoring threat. I think he should center two freshman next year, which will help jump start their transition to the NCAA.

I like that idea. Potentially have Grimaldi play center with Tambellini (6' 4" sniper) on the left and Murphy (tenacious playmaker) on the right? I can't wait, only 181 more days until the exhibition game!

Four of this past season's top six goal scorers (based on goals/game) return for next season (see below). Incoming forward Adam Tambellini is a pure goal scorer, and if Postmaster General Rocco has 1/2 of his post shots ring post & in next season, he could score 25 times. I'm pretty optimistic about next season...

1 - Kristo - 0.65

2 - Knight - 0.39

3 - Grimaldi - 0.33

4 - Ma. MacMillan - 0.31

5 - Parks - 0.28

6 - Mi. MacMillan - 0.25

what were Rocco's posts/game stats?