SiouxSports.com Forum

Indian nicknames in the news

jimdahl

12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine is the growing mentality in our society today.

Thou shalt not covet, even if it’s for poor people, should be in campaigns.  Robin Hood was covetous.  Granted, wealthy people should given freely to help others, but it shouldn’t be mandated.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine is the growing mentality in our society today.

Hey, that reminds me, have you sent me that check yet?  You’re paying for 20 mystery raffle tickets for my kids.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 4:09 PM, SiouxVolley said:

The three finalists for Long Beach St new nickname are:

Sharks

Stingrays

The Beach (technically not a mascot)

https://www.presstelegram.com/2019/05/01/cal-state-long-beach-students-next-to-vote-on-finalists-for-next-mascot/

Sharks is the new nickname for LBSU, gaining 53% of votes.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2019/05/12/long-beach-state-selects-sharks-as-new-mascot/

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not sure if i read this right bu long island university is dropping blackbirds......because it's racist?

Two campuses merging that had their own identities- one blackbirds and one pioneers, so they are choosing a new name together. 

https://nypost.com/2019/05/05/liu-alums-not-happy-school-is-saying-goodbye-to-blackbirds/

• Upvote 1

Fargo has Blackbird Pizza and Black Coffee and Waffle Bar. So when do the "racist" protests start downtown?  And how does one now order just a "black" coffee? Or will everyone be required to order cream in their coffee.........................or will be adding cream to one's coffee be consider "white privilege"? 

It's all very confusing..................................

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fargo has Blackbird Pizza and Black Coffee and Waffle Bar. So when do the "racist" protest start downtown?  And how does one now order just a "black" coffee? Or will everyone be required to order cream in their coffee.........................or will be adding cream to one's coffee be consider "white privilege"? 

It's all vey confusing..................................

the last time I was in a bar I ended up ordering a Former Soviet Republic of African descent on the rocks.  

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2019 at 9:16 AM, The Sicatoka said:

If the old UND moniker had to go, and now Long Beach State's 49ers are gone, how long before the progressives march on South Bend. 

Only thing offensive in South Bend is the lack of titles in the last 30 years. 

This is the new norm in this country.  Even if we had gotten tribal approval from Standing Rock and were able to keep the Sioux name, I can't imagine what the SJW outcry to retire the name now would be.  There will be a time when FSU will get rid of the Seminoles and the Washington Redskins will be known as something else.  That time is coming.  As much as I wanted to keep the Sioux name, it is refreshing that UND does not have to deal with the issue anymore.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

This is the new norm in this country.  Even if we had gotten tribal approval from Standing Rock and were able to keep the Sioux name, I can't imagine what the SJW outcry to retire the name now would be.  There will be a time when FSU will get rid of the Seminoles and the Washington Redskins will be known as something else.  That time is coming.  As much as I wanted to keep the Sioux name, it is refreshing that UND does not have to deal with the issue anymore.

In 30 yrs NA’s will be demanding public schools take tribal names. I too wanted to keep Sioux but I was wrong, the school deserved better. 

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:19 AM, Oxbow6 said:

Fargo has Blackbird Pizza and Black Coffee and Waffle Bar. So when do the "racist" protests start downtown?  And how does one now order just a "black" coffee? Or will everyone be required to order cream in their coffee.........................or will be adding cream to one's coffee be consider "white privilege"? 

It's all very confusing..................................

It is to the point where the libs need to carry around a Venn Diagram to know what they are supposed to be offended by these days and an Intersectionality Flowchart to map out the proper response(call a Soros group, protest, boycott, or just Virtue signaling on social media).  Maybe they should set up a hotline to call 1-800-offended

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Don’t forget even if we got permission from Standing Rock and was the Sioux for another 5, 10, 20 years at any point they objected we would’ve had to change the name as per Stenjeum’s settlement. 

21 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

This is the new norm in this country. ... There will be a time when FSU will get rid of the Seminoles and the Washington Redskins will be known as something else.  That time is coming.  

giphy.gif

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:04 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

This is the new norm in this country.  There will be a time when FSU will get rid of the Seminoles and the Washington Redskins will be known as something else.  That time is coming.

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

giphy.gif

Roughriders would not have lasted.