SiouxSports.com Forum

UND's New Hockey Conference

Cratter

Looks like a disgruntled Sioux Nation is getting noticed by the top brass of the NCHC. Hopefully the new commish can do us some much needed justice!

Brad Elliott Schlossman on July 17, 2013 at 5:04 pm said:

I talked to the new commish this afternoon. He is aware that UND fans are irked and is trying to create a solution.

- See more at: http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=94621#sthash.slmue6Ll.dpuf

NO! :lol:

AND the game at SCSU will be attended by many of us living in this area. Although I agree that's a fairly week argument because lots of folks can't or won't be able to attend that game. That's just me whining.

I suppose, in the end, I'll probably have to sign up for the webcast, and finally learn how to plug that HDMI cord thingy into that tv thingy.

:lol:

I realize the Sioux has a bigger fan base, but this is enough. For those of you who are complaining grow uo and be happy with what you have. Omaha is the one who should be angry as hell. They only have one game with the contract.

I realize the Sioux has a bigger fan base, but this is enough. For those of you who are complaining grow uo and be happy with what you have. Omaha is the one who should be angry as hell. They only have one game with the contract.

Whoever made the decision to sign this contract for the entire conference should lose their job. Und fans aren't the only ones upset by this.

• Upvote 1

Whoever made the decision to sign this contract for the entire conference should lose their job. Und fans aren't the only ones upset by this.

The fact that today's headlines read "league leading six games", as if we should be happy about that, is kind of pathetic. Nobody who cares about UND hockey should be happy with this deal. It's a huge step back.

• Upvote 3

Omaha gets a lot of NBC games picked up...

I envy their situation... Not many rules for them.

NBCSN won't be able to pick up any UNO games. Don't envy their situation. UND still has the best TV deal in the league and that's without counting their 6 games on CBSSN.

Not really anything new, just a reminder how UND went from being one of the most accessible college hockey programs in the nation on tv to 6 games.

I can't believe how we get hosed in almost every conference decision and pretend like it's all according to plan.

Hello everyone. It's been awhile -- I trust everyone's had a great summer. I posted this over on Schlossman's blog but figured I'd double up over here. FYI, the "big announcements" reference was in response to a specific comment over there:

No one affiliated with UND Athletics promised anyone “big announcements.” Simply not true.

What we *have* been saying is that we will continue to seek improvements to our viewing options across ALL platforms. That has not changed and that will not change. The broadcast situation we have today may not be the broadcast situation we have by the time the puck drops opening night. Or a year from now. These things evolve, take time and require a little patience.

Did we promise HD webcasts and enhanced webcast support? Yes, beginning with the upcoming season our home webcasts will be offered in high definition. In light of the shifting TV situation, we have allocated and committed the necessary resources to providing high quality web streams.

At the end of the day, fans will still have the ability to watch literally every single home game. Every one of them. Plus four road games. Some of these will be on your television screen and yes, some will have to be on your computer screen. You also have the ability to send the HD webcast feed to your flatscreen TV with one cord and one press of a button. In the coming weeks, our website will offer a video tutorial on how to make that conversion for those who are unfamiliar with the process.

In the meantime, we will continue to do everything within our power to bring more of our games back to national TV. Neither UND, nor the NCHC Commissioner, is ignoring our television situation. Quite the contrary, in fact.

But please understand that it is a work in progress.

• Upvote 2

DO you have to have DISH OR DIRECTV to pick up CBSSN? Does Midco cable have it?

It looks like Midco does carry it on the Sports and Variety package and in HD on the same HD package.

Comcast also carries it on their sports tier.

I have Dish Network...saw maybe one Sioux game last season. This is an IMPROVEMENT over last year, plus I get to see some additional games.

So do I....I think I saw almost every home game and a bunch of away games. Head to sensors....real fans watch the games :)

Seems as if Arizona, Arizona St, Colorado, Colo St, Oklahoma, and C Oklahoma are ramping up hockey a bit.

http://www.wildcat.a...y-league-062613

It is nice to see all of these teams stepping it up a bit. I hope the sport continues to progress out west. Last fall a friend talked me into going to CU vs CSU at the pepsi center and it was like a good high school game; except for the beer.

DO you have to have DISH OR DIRECTV to pick up CBSSN? Does Midco cable have it?

http://dev.cbssportsnetwork.com/sites/default/files/pdf/adsales/distribution_timeline.pdf

"CBS Sports Network is available to 100% of US Households through DIRECTV on channel 613 and Dish Network on channel 158.

Equal or better distribution than ESPNU, NFL Network, MLB Network, NBA TV in 26 of 30 top markets as of 2013."

To find your channel on your local cable provider, use the channel finder on the link below:

http://www.cbssportsnetwork.com/