SiouxSports.com Forum

UND's New Hockey Conference

Cratter

A bit off-topic, but the 'new' WCHA has an updated logo...

wcha_newlogo_men.gifnewlogo.jpg

I've always preferred more subdued conference logos...I like the new WCHA version. Curious to see how the multi-color NCHC logo will look on uniforms this year.

I wonder if they are going with the current trend of letting schools incorporate their own colors into the logo. Might be the case here!

• 2 weeks later...

Went to buy my NCHC tickets today and they are having glitches with it! Is everyone trying to buy or is it my luck again? They said I was the first complaint, so that worries me.... :)

A friend purchased our ticket packages this morning with no issues. However, a half hour later she received a call informing her that the tickets she bought were accidentally made available for purchase so we had to purchase different ones. Unfortunately the only other seats available in the lower bowl at this time are located directly behind the goal (we had center ice seats). The other option was first row, center ice in the upper bowl. Obviously we were disappointed to lose our lower bowl, center ice seats, but AXS said they would let us know if anything opens up.

I too bought my tickets and received a call saying they sold me tickets that had been sold to someone else. They moved me one section over, upper bowl, just to the left of center ice, row A. I did ask if we would have the same tickets every year we renew and the young man said he didn't know what their process would be. He said the contract they have with the NCHC isn't as long as the one the WCHA has with the Xcel so they're in a 'wait and see' period for now.

It sucks the pre-sale tickets are resticted to upper bowl. "we are going to give you the gift of pre-sale tickets for being a diehard fan but you have to sit in the upper deck." Yay!

i'd wait and you should be able to pick your seat in the lower bowl. This isn't going to be the demand of the Final Five. The only other fanbase that might come in bunches (unlike years past) is St.Cloud coming off their FF appearance last year. The bandwagon is full for a year or so anyway. :D

• Upvote 2

We were given an opportunity to buy tickets last spring. This is the second 'pre-sale' round. I find it hard to believe the majority of the lower bowl seats were sold before this round. I wonder if they're holding them for VIPs, parents of players who have made the play-offs, etc.

So we are looking to buy using the select a section option. Where are the UND sections at? Yes, I know the whole place will be full of UND, but are there set sections that anyone can confirm? Where are people buying? Behind the nets looks sketchy, as they seem far away from the boards...

Anyone get hotel booked yet? Where at?

Could only get lower level corners to come up on the site, so, bought second row center ice in the upper level (231). Don't know where the lower bowl center ice tickets are, but they can't be all sold. Also can't see any "select a section" option on the site. The online ticket buying is hardly user friendly. Totaly unlike the X web site, which gives you good views of the ice online in all sections. All I could find for the targetcenter is this pic:

http://www.bing.com/...selectedIndex=0

Has anyone been in the target center? Do lower bowl seats rise as quickly as a normal hockey venue (like the X), or is it rather flat with a gradual rise? I'm hoping the first few rows of upper level are similar to club level at the X.

There are also some pics of the timberwolve setup from different areas around the arena:

http://www.bing.com/...ves&Form=IQFRDR

Looks like our view will look a little like this:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Target+Center+Seating+For+Timberwolves&Form=IQFRDR#view=detail&id=CA133C79E8705D1E91C4A88BCC5054C495711A5D&selectedIndex=168

Doesn't hang over the ice like the upper level at the X and theralph. Lower level doesn't seem to rise as quickly as it should to be a good hockey venue. I'm not too impressed with this for hockey.

As I was one of the the people who ordered tickets only to be told those tickets were not actually available, the gentleman who called said that the first row of the upper section would be like sitting in the first row of club level at the Xcel. He also told me that the lower section at TC does not have as many rows in it as the lower bowl of Xcel.

I was also told that all of the lower bowl, center ice sections were sold out through the pre-sale which is why they weren't available.

For the person asking where the UND section is, I cannot say for certain. But we did purchase our ticket packages last spring when they were first offered. At the time I believe we selected the UND fan section (in fact, I don't recall we had a choice...). Anyway, just this week we were informed our seats are in section 130.

So I THINK that is the UND fan section, but I can't say that for sure.

FWIW

For the person asking where the UND section is, I cannot say for certain. But we did purchase our ticket packages last spring when they were first offered. At the time I believe we selected the UND fan section (in fact, I don't recall we had a choice...). Anyway, just this week we were informed our seats are in section 130.

So I THINK that is the UND fan section, but I can't say that for sure.

FWIW

How low down did they put you? The reason I didn't buy right away was because there was not a choice, and I didn't want lower level first two or three rows. If I could have selected an upper row I would have done it. The ticket purchase at that time did state that, using the code on the UND site, you would be placed in a section with other UND fans.

How low down did they put you? The reason I didn't buy right away was because there was not a choice, and I didn't want lower level first two or three rows. If I could have selected an upper row I would have done it. The ticket purchase at that time did state that, using the code on the UND site, you would be placed in a section with other UND fans.

If I recall, somewhere in the fine print it mentioned you could request a general area to sit, and it might be accomodated. I don't recall, exactly, but in that application process I did give them a general idea of how high up in the section we'd like to be.

We got Row P, which appears to be about 5 rows higher than were we were at the X. And within or really close to the parameters we gave them.

If I recall, somewhere in the fine print it mentioned you could request a general area to sit, and it might be accomodated. I don't recall, exactly, but in that application process I did give them a general idea of how high up in the section we'd like to be.

We got Row P, which appears to be about 5 rows higher than were we were at the X. And within or really close to the parameters we gave them.

Sounds good, guess I missed the small print, and I didn't want to end up on the glass. Anyone know how many rows are in the lower level?

I just talked to AXS.com because all the lower bowl was sold out except the center of each corner. He said it is an Internet only opportunity and all the lower bowl seats that show sold now are NOT sold, just being held for Aug 1st. Better chance of good seats than. I'm waiting, what a joke of a system, hope this isn't what the future of our new accommodations are with all these changes!

I just talked to AXS.com because all the lower bowl was sold out except the center of each corner. He said it is an Internet only opportunity and all the lower bowl seats that show sold now are NOT sold, just being held for Aug 1st. Better chance of good seats than. I'm waiting, what a joke of a system, hope this isn't what the future of our new accommodations are with all these changes!

exactly what i thought. there is no way those were already sold. Folks, this isn't going to be the demand of the Final Five, not even close.

• Upvote 1

Personally I loved the first few rows of the club level on center ice at the X. Best seats in the house to watch a game. I bought six across section 211 in the second row at the Target center. Based upon the seat viewer these should be pretty close to the same seats. Remember when you are looking at the seat view photos that a basketball court is only 94' long vs the 200' hockey rink.