SiouxSports.com Forum

UND's New Hockey Conference

Cratter

Give it time.....

Can't see it happening.....

-location of schools

-weak traveling fanbases (we'll see what W.Mich and Miami bring in but i can't imagine it would be much better than Omaha. wait, did they ever make the Final Five?? maybe we don't know about them either.)

-the loss of the Minneapolis school.

Hope i'm wrong. i acutally see this tourney being 75% capacity when a combination of UND/St.Cloud/Duluth play in the evening game. Also, this will turn into a "green" tournament and all the other schools will root against UND. North Dakota will be the villain just like the Gophers at the FFive because of the hoards of Sioux fans.

Hope i'm wrong. i acutally see this tourney being 75% capacity when a combination of UND/St.Cloud/Duluth play in the evening game. Also, this will turn into a "green" tournament and all the other schools will root against UND. North Dakota will be the villain just like the Gophers at the FFive because of the hoards of Sioux fans.

So, we could call it the Hate on the Green Team Tourney?

I'm super pumped up for NBA City! Can hardly wait!

PS: Going to make a special trip to downtown St. Paul for Tom Reid's.....and maybe Alarys.... :hypocrite:

If you aren't at this place next spring, Wilbur, somebody's gonna gonna get whupped..

199283_205189742838076_7895177_a.jpg

exactly what i thought. there is no way those were already sold. Folks, this isn't going to be the demand of the Final Five, not even close.

Not quite 'Like' x 1000 but 'Agree' x 1000 in this case. I predict 12,000 for a UMD vs UND championship game. The WCHA played its post-season tournament sans Gophers in 1998 and 1999 at Target Center. I would bet the 1998 title game between Denver and North Dakota drew 8,000 tops.

Will we get the North Dakota Rule where if UND gets to the tournament, we get the evening games? I wouldn't mind that. Most opposing teams hate UND anyways. No big deal.

If Minnesota got something like that to maximize attendance, be foolish of the NCHC didn't put something like that in place for UND. :D

Will we get the North Dakota Rule where if UND gets to the tournament, we get the evening games? I wouldn't mind that. Most opposing teams hate UND anyways. No big deal.

I hope not! Then we can listen to all the Sioux fans who have whined for years about the WCHA rule suddenly change sides and now be vehemently IN FAVOR of a similar NCHC rule? Count me out. Earn the #1 seed and enjoy the 7pm start-time.

• Upvote 1

Sounds good, guess I missed the small print, and I didn't want to end up on the glass. Anyone know how many rows are in the lower level?

If I recall the Target Center seats start at rows 1-4 and then A-Z. But some of those are taken up with the hockey rink. Not sure if it's just 1-4, or perhaps more.

exactly what i thought. there is no way those were already sold. Folks, this isn't going to be the demand of the Final Five, not even close.

I was really surprised to see posts yesterday saying the lower bowl was filled. I guess we're now seeing that's not the case, and more to expectations.

I'd love to see a very well attended tourney, but I suspect it won't be like the WCHA Final Fives.

Also, why don't they do weekend series instead of just Friday games? CBSSN already has everything set up broadcast-wise. i suppose Saturdays are reserved for basketball, swimming, or lacrosse. I still can't believe UND didn't secure the benefit of having all games like the last 4-5 years on FCS. why go backwards?

• Upvote 1

Also, why don't they do weekend series instead of just Friday games? CBSSN already has everything set up broadcast-wise. i suppose Saturdays are reserved for basketball, swimming, or lacrosse. I still can't believe UND didn't secure the benefit of having all games like the last 4-5 years on FCS. why go backwards?

Saturdays are generally reserved for football. It's the same thing the Big Ten teams are dealing with.

UND didn't have a choice of having all games on FCS.

Every home game will be televised and four road games will be televised.

Saturdays are generally reserved for football. It's the same thing the Big Ten teams are dealing with.

UND didn't have a choice of having all games on FCS.

Every home game will be televised and four road games will be televised.

Maybe more if Fox Rocky Mountain and NESN pick up some games