SiouxSports.com Forum

UND's New Hockey Conference

Cratter

What?

I'm speaking in terms of how EVERY Gopher game used to be televised on FSN...heck, it was only a few years ago that the Wild weren't on and FSN couldn't even splurge and send Frank and Doug to Anchorage. They called the game from the studio!

Wait a second, it just dawned on me that the reason it seemed to me that Gopher hockey games weren't on TV this year was because I went from December thru March without Comcast or Dish Network. I suppose it's kind of tough to watch games with rabbit ears...D'oh.

Wait a second, it just dawned on me that the reason it seemed to me that Gopher hockey games weren't on TV this year was because I went from December thru March without Comcast or Dish Network. I suppose it's kind of tough to watch games with rabbit ears...D'oh.

Rabbit ears are awesome though!

oh boy.

Nope. it's an exclusive conference deal. you won't see any there for the same reason you won't find the other 18 UND games on FCS.

Absolutely wrong. Please be a little more knowledgeable about the situation before you post crap like this.

FSN, Root and NESN are regional networks carried nationally on Directv and Dish. FCS is a national network. Games on regional networks, like Midco, can be carried nationally if the channel itself is carried nationally. Any game on any of these regional networks does not violate the exclusivity clause like FCS does.

Please answer me this.

SO on the doubleheader nights when we have home games, I living in Grand Forks wont even be able to see UND on TV?..... THat is what I understand.

Any game, doubleheader or not, aired by CBSSN will only be available on that channel. If you don't get it, you don't get it. For the two times that happens this year, go to a restaurant to watch or better yet, go to the game.

Any game, doubleheader or not, aired by CBSSN will only be available on that channel. If you don't get it, you don't get it. For the two times that happens this year, go to a restaurant to watch or better yet, go to the game.

Why so defensive on the tv deal that many view as a disappointment with the new conference?

Absolutely wrong. Please be a little more knowledgeable about the situation before you post crap like this.

FSN, Root and NESN are regional networks carried nationally on Directv and Dish. FCS is a national network. Games on regional networks, like Midco, can be carried nationally if the channel itself is carried nationally. Any game on any of these regional networks does not violate the exclusivity clause like FCS does.

Exactly, so why aren't the Midco produced games on FCS like in years past? they have been broadcast nationally. Root would only apply to Denver and CC and NESN wouldn't carry any team in the NCHC.

Why so defensive on the tv deal that many view as a disappointment with the new conference?

I'm disappointed too but I also realize the circumstances. How many other colleges with an enrollment of 13,000 students has every home game broadcast nationally?

Exactly, so why aren't the Midco produced games on FCS like in years past? they have been broadcast nationally. Root would only apply to Denver and CC and NESN wouldn't carry any team in the NCHC.

Ugh... Midco is regional. If Directv or Dish carried Midco (the full channel, not just a specific game) then it would be ok. FCS picks and chooses games across the country, thus not a regional network.

Ugh... Midco is regional. If Directv or Dish carried Midco (the full channel, not just a specific game) then it would be ok. FCS picks and chooses games across the country, thus not a regional network.

Comcast doesn't have ROOT or NESN. Sometimes those games are picked up by FCS.

I'm disappointed too but I also realize the circumstances. How many other colleges with an enrollment of 13,000 students has every home game broadcast nationally?

None but not a reason for UND to stop either when they have for over 3-4 years.

ok i'm done now. ;)

Comcast doesn't have ROOT or NESN. Sometimes those games are picked up by FCS.

The Root games and any games by a regional network airing home games of an NCHC team won't be on FCS. They can be aired on the Root/etc channels on Directv and dish

I just cant get over on double header nights when UND isn't involved we cant broad cast a game at the ralph.... so we are stuck watchin other teams play.

Clearly life is over now that you may not be able to watch two home games this year.