SiouxSports.com Forum

UND's New Hockey Conference

Cratter

I just bought my tickets for the tourny and all I can say is, what a joke! There is no way all them seats are sold out! There is either something wierd going on or this tourny is going to have more attendance than the X did and I doubt that! I have always been a supporter of the new NCHC, but I'm starting to have my doubts!

You can get tickets half way up in the lower deck by the face off circles, and at center ice in the upper deck. Not sure what you expected? Especially since tickets have been on sale for several months through member schools.

I just bought my tickets for the tourny and all I can say is, what a joke! There is no way all them seats are sold out! There is either something wierd going on or this tourny is going to have more attendance than the X did and I doubt that! I have always been a supporter of the new NCHC, but I'm starting to have my doubts!

Maybe they are anticipating a lot of "walk-up" traffic. ;)

This game could be the difference of making the ncaa's or not making for bubble teams though.

yep, there were two instances in hakstol's tenure where a third place game helped them 2005 when they beat minny and secured a two seed and 2008 when they beat cc which gave them a one seed that year. but the 2009 third place game didn't do much for them.

You can get tickets half way up in the lower deck by the face off circles, and at center ice in the upper deck. Not sure what you expected? Especially since tickets have been on sale for several months through member schools.

Than you have a magic computer, I chose all lower bowl sections one at a time and the only one that didnt say "sorry this section has no seats available" was right behind the net ( which I took) or the corners! Hopefully you were smart enough to choose more than one seat? I was choosing two! Also the presale seating had limited choices! I have searched each time and I called the Target center during the "presale" and they said "most of the good seats won't be available till Aug 1st"! Besides the presales were for a week to ten days at a time not, "for months" But thanks for the attack!

Than you have a magic computer, I chose all lower bowl sections one at a time and the only one that didnt say "sorry this section has no seats available" was right behind the net ( which I took) or the corners! Hopefully you were smart enough to choose more than one seat? I was choosing two! Also the presale seating had limited choices! I have searched each time and I called the Target center during the "presale" and they said "most of the good seats won't be available till Aug 1st"! Besides the presales were for a week to ten days at a time not, "for months" But thanks for the attack!

They offered seats a long time ago. I bought mine on March 13th. At that time, they weren't assigning seats yet so you were just reserving a spot in line. I wrote them where I wanted my seats to be, and they accomodated completely. I received my seat locations on July 13th. Apparently a lot of people were willing to take advantage of these early sales and filled up the prime seats.

They offered seats a long time ago. I bought mine on March 13th. At that time, they weren't assigning seats yet so you were just reserving a spot in line. I wrote them where I wanted my seats to be, and they accomodated completely. I received my seat locations on July 13th. Apparently a lot of people were willing to take advantage of these early sales and filled up the prime seats.

I got the same email about buying seats early, with the "no assigned seats" that wasn't for me! As far as all the "prime seats filling up by July" you don't really believe that do you?

This has been happening for years and the X would have many prime seat tickets available when the teams were close to being decided. I always had season tickets but many friends bought toward the end and had many prime choices! I know they are different size arenas. Maybe that's why they had them available because they would lock so many till the end?

Just seems odd to me???

• 1 month later...

I seen something on twitter that said the NCHC was taking suggestions from fans for a name of the final tourny, but I cannot find it anymore! Anyone see this?

I saw it, it's on the NCHC twitter feed. I'd name it after Murray Armstrong. If you have twitter and want to make a suggestion use the #NCHCChamp.

NCHC playoff tourney name?

Nacho Libre

Nacho Supreme

Natty Bumpo

the Nacho-Quatro

the Final Five...sorry, just a little too much WCHA history spilling over...

Fantastic Four

Frozen Four...that one might be in use already...:)

Bruce McLeod Frozen Felons

the St. Cloud will lose 'no matter how good they are during the regular season' tourney...

Fearsome Foursome (thanks L.A. Rams)

Subway Classic

Fighting Sioux Classic

the Otto or the Otto-matic Qualifier, maybe call it the OQ (after former WCHA commish Otto Breitenbach)

and finally... the Archie (after Jim Archibald)