SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Gersich hasn't had a point yet for Omaha but, by the looks of it, he was booted early in the first game.

From the sound of it the official made a very weak and bad call on the hit and Gersich had played pretty well in that first game up to that point.

No.

He's a defensive defenseman. He's not there to pump in the points. He's there to provide other things.

Watched a fight of his on YouTube, seems tough as nails. Seems like a Mac mold size wise

Anybody else concerned crisfield only has 2 points on the year? I mean I know he is a defenseman but still...

Definitely not. His team did a video about him and showed some nice highlights. He is a defenseman, so his first priority should be to defend and he does that very well.

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20130306/SPORTS03/303060017

2013 Times All-Area Boys Hockey Player of the Year

Cathedral standout Poganski has a number of future options

Poganskiā€™s ability to move quickly with skilled hands and a six-foot, 195-pound frame compliment his fast and physical style. All that talent and the ability to check will help him fit right in at UND.

ā€œHeā€™s (UNDā€™s) type of guy,ā€ Johnson said. ā€œHeā€™ll bang if he needs to, but his physical play doesnā€™t even really stand out because heā€™s smart about it. He doesnā€™t take himself out of plays and heā€™s not looking to rip a bunch of guys.ā€

What Poganski does until he heads to Grand Forks, N.D. is up in the air. He was offered a spot on the USNTP U-17 team last summer and Tri-City owns his USHL rights.

Stecher de-committed from UNO in October. Nice to steal a recruit from Deano. Top D at 2012 World Jr A challenge. Offensive D. When does he come in do you think? I am guessing this fall. Said he didnt like the new coaching changes at UNO (assistants).

Via recruit Wade Murphy on twitter

Troy Stecher, Penticton Vees (BCHL)

If true, a very big get. Ever since I have been following Tambellini and Murphy in the BCHL, I have noticed that Stecher is widely considered to be the best d-man in the BCHL. Two months ago, the U.S. Hockey Report also listed him as the second best un-committed player, behind Ian McCoshen.

Stecher confirmed the news on his twitter account:

I would guess he comes in this fall, nothing left to prove in Juniors. That being said, it makes me nervous that Forbort is leaving. I know it is too early to speculate, but it looks like the coaching staff is prepared for it. Or Thompson might not be accelerating and coming in next year, as has been speculated.

Good get for the coaching staff.

I would guess he comes in this fall as well.

That would mean LaDue and Stecher coming for sure and MacWilliam and Gleason gone for sure. Crisfield and Poolman as the two potentials to come in as well or delay a year depending on what Forbort and Simpson do.

That would mean LaDue and Stecher coming for sure and MacWilliam and Gleason gone for sure. Crisfield and Poolman as the two potentials to come in as well or delay a year depending on what Forbort and Simpson do.

I really like the LaDue and Stecher tandem coming in next year. It will be two 20+ year old freshman with three years of junior experience. They will be battle tested, and ready to contribute right away. Each one is arguably the best defenseman in his respective league.

I thought it sounded like Crisfield would only come if we had someone leave early. This is Poolman's 1st year in the USHL and he also played a year in the NAHL and I thought it sounded like he would be coming in this season and that would leave us with 8 D for next season if we don't lose anyone as an early departure.

That's spread out over four or five seasons though. Some of those guys are '96 or '97 born players, so we won't be seeing them for 3-4 more years at least.

Although it does seem that Voltin and Rowe have been committed for at least half a decade now. :)

And then you have to figure that a couple of those players won't even make to campus...either with flight risks to the CHL or just not producing enough (for those early commits).

That's spread out over four or five seasons though. Some of those guys are '96 or '97 born players, so we won't be seeing them for 3-4 more years at least.

Although it does seem that Voltin and Rowe have been committed for at least half a decade now. :)

And then you have to figure that a couple of those players won't even make to campus...either with flight risks to the CHL or just not producing enough (for those early commits).

Christ, if Crisfield ever makes it here he'll be damn near 25-26 by the time he's done.

Thought he was a 92

Voltin committed at ~the same time as Johnson did, so he hasn't been in the fold for too terribly long. Rowe, on the other hand, is our longest tenured commit, and he needs another year or two of USHL seasoning. Injuries have really hampered his development. In terms of D, Stecher is UND's most NCAA-ready impact commit outside of LaDue. He's a do-it-all defenseman who will step in next season and contribute when called upon.