SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

I watched that game and it wasn't much of kick by that point of the game he was really frustrated you could from all the shots they were taking at him. Moving to USHL wouldn't be a bad thing like Besse should havee

not to be rude- but news flash for gersich- players head hunt in the ushl too. he is going to have to learn to live with it

http://wcfcourier.com/mp-black-hawks/image_787b3d5e-57a8-11e2-b123-0019bb2963f4.html

You missed the point. Again.

High school hockey had increased the penalties for boarding and CFB's. it has not decreased the intent or head hunting on the standout players. It's a concern. It doesn't have anything to do with physical play.

They hand out majors for any serious hits like they hand out candy at Halloween right now. It's not just checking from behind either. With all the attention concussions are getting, they definitely focus on the high hits. I've seen it plenty the last two seasons at the HS games I have been to.

He's going to need to deal with it because it's not going to get any easier. Opponents won't be coddling him in the USHL or college. If his reason for leaving HS was because of the physical stuff he faces now, he is in for a rude awakening in the coming years.

They hand out majors for any serious hits like they hand out candy at Halloween right now. It's not just checking from behind either. With all the attention concussions are getting, they definitely focus on the high hits. I've seen it plenty the last two seasons at the HS games I have been to.

He's going to need to deal with it because it's not going to get any easier. Opponents won't be coddling him in the USHL or college. If his reason for leaving HS was because of the physical stuff he faces now, he is in for a rude awakening in the coming years.

Didn't mean to suggest/say it would be his only reason. There are plenty of reasons for him to go. Just that it was said he was getting tired of it. I didn't hear it from Shane. It was just some talk around. IMO he'd be gone whether he is getting cheap shotted or not.

It has nothing to do with cheap shots or rough play. Overall development is the reason to leave if needed. Omaha for 2 years would be good or is he accelerating at all!?

I haven't heard that he is. He's a sophomore though, so that could change. Wouldn't surprise me if he did considering his draft year is his junior year of high school.

I do not believe he is leaving because of the physical aspect of high school hockey..hahaha. Yes he's been the target of some cheap shots...but that is simply because of how much press he gets. Once he is in the USHL there are players on every team with that much press. I didn't see how this debate started but it isn't a good one.

I do not believe he is leaving because of the physical aspect of high school hockey..hahaha. Yes he's been the target of some cheap shots...but that is simply because of how much press he gets. Once he is in the USHL there are players on every team with that much press. I didn't see how this debate started but it isn't a good one.

I agree with all this.

Debate started b/c I was asked what his plans were regarding the USHL and repeated what I had heard at a game on his being tired of being cheap shotted, words got a bit twisted around. My bad. But really, no one enjoys being cheap shotted, obviously he's annoyed with it. But it won't be why he leaves HF. It's not like every team he plays cheap shots him. Wayzata was bad, but the last 3 HF games I attended were physical, but nothing shady.

Point is, whatever he decides will be his choice, and I'm sure he will make that choice for the right reasons.

I agree with all this.

Debate started b/c I was asked what his plans were regarding the USHL and repeated what I had heard at a game on his being tired of being cheap shotted, words got a bit twisted around. My bad. But really, no one enjoys being cheap shotted, obviously he's annoyed with it. But it won't be why he leaves HF. It's not like every team he plays cheap shots him. Wayzata was bad, but the last 3 HF games I attended were physical, but nothing shady.

Point is, whatever he decides will be his choice, and I'm sure he will make that choice for the right reasons.

The couple games I have seen you can definitely see the teams have the target on him and go after him phyiscally and a lot of times illegally. A lot of stuff happens to him behind the play and after the whistle and it is something he has dealt with relatively well from what I have seen. Wayzata was real bad about that and the refs should have let Wayzata know it wouldn't be tolerated by giving them some penalties right away but they didn't and eventually they gave Gersich a phantom kicking call. I definitely get your point and really wouldn't blame him if he went to the USHL next season.

Going to the USHL would be better for his development than staying in HS. Forget the debate of physical play and head hunting. It happens everywhere. The big plus of him going to the USHL is his develop of playing against far better/stronger skaters.

Now if he stays, either way, Oshie, Nelson, Toews, they all developed fine at the HS level. It's an individual decision. I'd like to see all of our recruits play one season in the USHL just to develop them physically.

Gersich ended up with 28-34 for 62 points in 28 games. 2.48 ppg. I think they lost tonight to EP. Wonder if hell play some ushl now?

I was at this game. HoFam lost 7-1. It was clear they were going to lose halfway through the first period. EP looked GOOOOOOD. Really cocky, but good. Best team I've seen play this year, but I hear they are a bit Jekyll and Hyde, so.

Now we see what Gersich's next move is.

I was at this game. HoFam lost 7-1. It was clear they were going to lose halfway through the first period. EP looked GOOOOOOD. Really cocky, but good. Best team I've seen play this year, but I hear they are a bit Jekyll and Hyde, so.

Now we see what Gersich's next move is.

I was also at the game....HF did not look very good last night. EP is good but HF made many mistakes (including Gersich himself). I have seen him play twice now (Wayz. & EP) and here are my takeaways: Extremely good skater, his skating ability is probably better than any high school kid in the country....honestly. He also plays more physical than I originally thought, he laid out a bunch of guys last night. Some things he must improve on are his stickhandling, playmaking, and decision making. I know EP was much deeper than HF, but I believe Gersich was -3 after the first period. All in all, I'm glad he chose UND now he has to go play juniors. In looking at his stats, he does much of his damage against extremely weak competition. But I guess anyone would.

I was also at the game....HF did not look very good last night. EP is good but HF made many mistakes (including Gersich himself). I have seen him play twice now (Wayz. & EP) and here are my takeaways: Extremely good skater, his skating ability is probably better than any high school kid in the country....honestly. He also plays more physical than I originally thought, he laid out a bunch of guys last night. Some things he must improve on are his stickhandling, playmaking, and decision making. I know EP was much deeper than HF, but I believe Gersich was -3 after the first period. All in all, I'm glad he chose UND now he has to go play juniors. In looking at his stats, he does much of his damage against extremely weak competition. But I guess anyone would.

Definitely not one of HF's better efforts, tons of mistakes, a lot of which EP capitalized on.