SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

So does the signing of McGlaughlin mean we can let someone like Spicer get another year of juniors and potentially come in with his buddies Panzer and Ausmus another year down the road should we keep guys like Calder and Caulfield. Potential lines next year could be:

Gaber - Schmaltz - Caulfield

Calder - McGlaughlin - Costantini

Blake - Kunz - Budy

Ness - Jamernik - Portz

Montgomery - Strinden - Albrecht

Of course I am only taking Schlossman’s top six comment for McGlaughlin being where he is at, but Blake, Kunz could very well be there.  We probably still bring in another forward, especially if someone leaves for the transfer portal, but it would be nice to get Spicer and James another year of juniors so they can have a bigger impact coming in.

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Mid grade red chippa? 

High end white chippa?

Whenever chippa conversations start there always seems to be the same sour cream dip around. 

Just now, Frozen4sioux said:

Damn you, now I want Nachos.....

or is it NaCHCos. ....

and how is that not the name of the nachos at the concession stand of every team in the league.

On 12/16/2021 at 7:31 PM, tnt said:

So does the signing of McGlaughlin mean we can let someone like Spicer get another year of juniors and potentially come in with his buddies Panzer and Ausmus another year down the road should we keep guys like Calder and Caulfield. Potential lines next year could be:

Gaber - Schmaltz - Caulfield

Calder - McGlaughlin - Costantini

Blake - Kunz - Budy

Ness - Jamernik - Portz

Montgomery - Strinden - Albrecht

Of course I am only taking Schlossman’s top six comment for McGlaughlin being where he is at, but Blake, Kunz could very well be there.  We probably still bring in another forward, especially if someone leaves for the transfer portal, but it would be nice to get Spicer and James another year of juniors so they can have a bigger impact coming in.

Will be interesting to see if  Senden and Hain use their 5th year.

On 11/23/2021 at 8:33 AM, AJS said:

Four I know have signed their NLI.

Blake (03) - Chicago: 9-17-26 (19GP) *Leads USHL in points* / +5

Spicer (04) - NTDP: 8-8-16 (18GP) / +8

Strinden (02) - Muskegon: 6-8-14 (15GP) *31st USHL in points* / +4 (Leads Team)

James (03) - Sioux City: 3-11-14 (16GP) *33rd USHL in points* / +6

Others (I would think would be in consideration):

Bowen (02) - Chilliwack (BCHL): 6-7-13 (12GP)

Singleton (04) - Okotoks (AJHL): 12-21-33 (25GP)

Three forward spots available (Ford / Senden / Hain). I don't see any other forward signing. I could see a transfer out situation. Let's call the number of four forwards that will be needed next year. Last year at this time, outside of the GB guys (Schmaltz / Kunz), the points weren't coming for the forward recruits. Appears to be a very solid group to choose from next year.

Edit: I know there was discussion about Spicer the last few posts. One thing to note is that the leading scorers for the NTDP have 20 points. Three of them, another few between 16 and 20, but the point being, the guys leading the team in scoring are "A" rated players. Realizing he was hurt last year, but what a comeback year for him.

I'll update every month or so.

Five I know that signed their NLI.

Blake (03) - Chicago: 13-31-44 (29GP) *2nd USHL in points* / +12

McLaughlin (03) - Sioux City: 13-17-30 (27GP) *Tied 12th in points* / +4

Strinden (02) - Muskegon - 13-12-25 (28GP) *Tied 25th in points* / +11

James (03) - Sioux City: 7-15-22 (27GP) *Tied 33rd in points* / +6

Spicer (04) - NTDP: 8-10-18 (28GP) /+7

For Defense one is really sticking out.

Livanavage (04) - Chicago: 2-23-25 (29 GP) *Tied 25th in points (4th for D-man)* 

One note, the three ahead of him and really any d-man in the Top 60 is at least a year and a half older. 

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

1938816796_ThatsMessedUp.jpg.e91c543c2b0cc643964a42ffc3510163.jpg

It is, and here's why. The University of Vermont's mascot, the Catamount, is a species of SHORT-TAILED lynx. Now take a look at a picture of how they render a catamount. It's got like the longest frickin' tail ever. In fact, for years I thought their mascot was some sort of monkey--no lie--cause all I saw was that tail. 

Messed up indeed.

Image result for vermont catamounts

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

It is, and here's why. The University of Vermont's mascot, the Catamount, is a species of SHORT-TAILED lynx. Now take a look at a picture of how they render a catamount. It's got like the longest frickin' tail ever. In fact, for years I thought their mascot was some sort of monkey--no lie--cause all I saw was that tail. 

Messed up indeed.

ummmmm....that's it's penis.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Kevin G said:

Messed up indeed.

A ‘catamount’ is another name for mountain lion. It’s eastern…

58 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

They pushed his arrival back at least twice now.  He’s played like parts of 4 years of juniors. I’d be ready to move on too. 

Why would they keep opting to push back, just so he can get more experience? If he played juniors for 4 years, how would that work.. wouldn't he be 22 probably? Wouldn't he lose a year of eligibility for enrolling as a 22 year old freshman? Also, maybe he's not ready if his other option instead of ND is Vermont penis tails or whatever.

17 hours ago, Kevin G said:

Messed up indeed.

Post of the year.

1 hour ago, FightingSU said:

Why would they keep opting to push back, just so he can get more experience? If he played juniors for 4 years, how would that work.. wouldn't he be 22 probably? Wouldn't he lose a year of eligibility for enrolling as a 22 year old freshman? Also, maybe he's not ready if his other option instead of ND is Vermont penis tails or whatever.

Coaching staff clearly felt he could use another year, which is why he is playing Juniors currently. Bowen was very high end, he started playing Juniors as what would equate to his Junior year in HS. Technically, he would have another year before he aged out as he's an '02. 

I'm a big time you do what's best for the program. A lot of times, someone doesn't develop like the coaching staff thought and that player doesn't end up on campus. Happens to most programs yearly. This is an example of one though I don't feel good about. His numbers haven't been bad. Vermont for example most likely would have taken him last year. This feels like they strung him along and then dropped him. Hate it. 

Side note: It's more than possible that Bowen wanted to go back for another year, considering he kept his commitment. Still, hate to see someone delayed year after year, stick it out and then not end up at UND. 

• Upvote 2

I never like it, but have accepted it as part of the deal.  Taking an entire year off for covid may have affected his development, and most likely affected the staff's ability to evaluate his readiness for college hockey. Hence the delays. 

13 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

At least in latest css rankings we have one in top 75. Should be good enough for a third rounder

use to get a couple first and 2nd rounders a year now we get third

Yeah, that was under Hakstol, who you wanted fired.   

• Upvote 1