SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

At about the 41 minute mark, this kinda spoiled my day…Johnson asked what the other top schools were that he considered before choosing Michigan. 

Queue the "i herd we dindt want em" ... Funny call out from those guys saying they're just looking for a reaction lol.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Queue the "i herd we dindt want em" ... Funny call out from those guys saying they're just looking for a reaction lol.

I say it spoiled my day tongue in cheek. I laughed too when they made that crack! These guys are funny and entertaining. A good listen for sure. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Abram Wiebe just committed....funny stuff I just noticed he was having a good start to the year and posted that we hopefully were watching some of these younger kids having success in the BCHL. 

Looks like another solid pickup for the defense.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Cole Spicer just scored for the NTDP at the Five Nations tournament.  

Playing against the Czechs today. 

It looks like he is doing quite well this year with the NTDP.   It seems like he was hindered with injuries last year.

Four I know have signed their NLI.

Blake (03) - Chicago: 9-17-26 (19GP) *Leads USHL in points* / +5

Spicer (04) - NTDP: 8-8-16 (18GP) / +8

Strinden (02) - Muskegon: 6-8-14 (15GP) *31st USHL in points* / +4 (Leads Team)

James (03) - Sioux City: 3-11-14 (16GP) *33rd USHL in points* / +6

Others (I would think would be in consideration):

Bowen (02) - Chilliwack (BCHL): 6-7-13 (12GP)

Singleton (04) - Okotoks (AJHL): 12-21-33 (25GP)

Three forward spots available (Ford / Senden / Hain). I don't see any other forward signing. I could see a transfer out situation. Let's call the number of four forwards that will be needed next year. Last year at this time, outside of the GB guys (Schmaltz / Kunz), the points weren't coming for the forward recruits. Appears to be a very solid group to choose from next year.

Edit: I know there was discussion about Spicer the last few posts. One thing to note is that the leading scorers for the NTDP have 20 points. Three of them, another few between 16 and 20, but the point being, the guys leading the team in scoring are "A" rated players. Realizing he was hurt last year, but what a comeback year for him.

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Three forward spots available (Ford / Senden / Hain). I don't see any other forward signing. I could see a transfer out situation. Let's call the number of four forwards that will be needed next year. Last year at this time, outside of the GB guys (Schmaltz / Kunz), the points weren't coming for the forward recruits. Appears to be a very solid group to choose from next year.

Edit: I know there was discussion about Spicer the last few posts. One thing to note is that the leading scorers for the NTDP have 20 points. Three of them, another few between 16 and 20, but the point being, the guys leading the team in scoring are "A" rated players. Realizing he was hurt last year, but what a comeback year for him.

I would be shocked if Singleton comes in. 

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Other than Strinden, that is a pretty young group.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but just because they signed doesn't necessarily mean they are coming in next year.   I could see them dipping into the transfer portal to get one experienced forward then choose which of those are ready for the next level.  Would love for the young guys to play as much junior hockey as possible as we have seen guys like Adams struggle in their first few years even after being top players in the USHL.  Would guess Blake will be the no brainer for next year.   I also could see needing another forward, as I would think that Pittsburgh would love to get Caulfield in their system.  Hoping that being a local boy, that Caulfield realizes he can stay here and develop just as much as he could in the AHL.  Big boys with great hands are always in short supply in the NHL. 

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

Other than Strinden, that is a pretty young group.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but just because they signed doesn't necessarily mean they are coming in next year.   I could see them dipping into the transfer portal to get one experienced forward then choose which of those are ready for the next level.  Would love for the young guys to play as much junior hockey as possible as we have seen guys like Adams struggle in their first few years even after being top players in the USHL.  Would guess Blake will be the no brainer for next year.   I also could see needing another forward, as I would think that Pittsburgh would love to get Caulfield in their system.  Hoping that being a local boy, that Caulfield realizes he can stay here and develop just as much as he could in the AHL.  Big boys with great hands are always in short supply in the NHL. 

Agreed. Strinden, Blake, Spicer are all coming in. At this moment, I don't believe others are ready. I guess I missed Bowen too, if he is still committed he'll be here too.