SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

50 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Just saw a tweet about how crazy Morrow and Rizzo’s advanced offensive metrics are. Beyond frustrated every time I see this kind of stuff. Both should be on the squad.

Yep.
Both big misses that could have been big contributors to this team.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 9:41 AM, tnt said:

I wonder what kind of impact Kleven will end up making.  After watching a few of the games with the U.S. National team, I can see him spending a lot of time in the penalty box, as college hockey seems to be wanting to take the punishing hits out of the game.  We're getting to the point where anything that looks like it hurts will draw a penalty.  I can see him getting a bunch of unwarranted penalties like Matt Greene and Andrew MacWilliam.  It sounds like he is progressing offensively nicely, so hopefully that will offset some of the attention I think he will garner because of his aggressive hitting.  

It would be nice to know how many hits made by Kleven have been reviewed.  It is getting ridiculous, especially when they don’t seem to be reviewing other cheap stuff that is going on.  Wonder if Schlossman has access to information as to how many plays have been reviewed across the league and the leaders individually and team wise.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, tnt said:

It would be nice to know how many hits made by Kleven have been reviewed.  It is getting ridiculous, especially when they don’t seem to be reviewing other cheap stuff that is going on.  Wonder if Schlossman has access to information as to how many plays have been reviewed across the league and the leaders individually and team wise.  

Now that would be an interesting metric! How many hits by each player, how many hits are penalized, and  how many hits are reviewed for a penalty. Somebody got Schlossman's ear?

17 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Our Canadian Junior players (playing in Canadian Junior leagues) seem to be struggling pretty good lately. I wouldn’t expect any of them to come in next year.

• Singleton ('04) - 57 points (20 G 37 A) in 56 games (21st in AJHL in scoring)
  • Hedquist ('03) - .913 SV %, 2.46 GAA
  • Slipec ('05) - 31 points (15 G 16 A) in 42 games (including 13 in last 10)

I would think Hedquist would come in next year, but I agree Singleton won't. Slipec would be too young. What's your definition of struggling pretty good lately? 

22 minutes ago, AJS said:

I would think Hedquist would come in next year, but I agree Singleton won't. Slipec would be too young. What's your definition of struggling pretty good lately? 

I’ve never really thought any of these guys would be here next year, since I thought Singleton was behind the USHL guys anyway, and Slipec is too young, but as far as Hedquist goes, if he’s ready, bring him in, but if not, I would leave him in juniors because we will already have 3 goalies on the roster next year. I’m not sure if we are planning to carry four every year. 

Schlossman with retweet showing Tri City traded Benoit for another older defenseman to help them win now.  The other guy is a Michigan State recruit.  May suggest Benoit may not be ready to come in next year. Interesting to see who might come in next year.

2 hours ago, tnt said:

Schlossman with retweet showing Tri City traded Benoit for another older defenseman to help them win now.  The other guy is a Michigan State recruit.  May suggest Benoit may not be ready to come in next year. Interesting to see who might come in next year.

Didn’t think Benoit would be here next year anyway. We have no senior defensemen and so likely just losing Sanderson. 

On 2/24/2022 at 11:22 PM, siouxforce19 said:

Didn’t think Benoit would be here next year anyway. We have no senior defensemen and so likely just losing Sanderson. 

I bet they do bring Benoit in in a low-pressure situation. He'd be the 7/8 D and have time to learn and grow. 

On 1/31/2022 at 4:52 PM, AJS said:

Through January.

Blake (03) - Chicago: 18-33-51 (35GP) *2nd USHL in points* / +14

McLaughlin (03) - Sioux City: 19-27-46 (35GP) *Tied 6th in points* / +10

Strinden (02) - Muskegon: 17-20-37 (37GP) *16th in points* / +22

James (03) - Sioux City: 12-20-32 (34GP) *Tied 25th in points* / +11

Spicer (04) - NTDP: 11-12-23 (33GP) / +6

Very good numbers from that group. 

Through February.

Blake (03) - Chicago: 19-42-61 (43GP) *3rd USHL in points* / +11

McLaughlin (03) - Sioux City: 21-32-53 (43GP) *Tied 6th in points* / +8

Strinden (02) - Muskegon: 21-23-44 (44GP) *Tied 15th in points* / +25

James (03) - Sioux City: 15-21-36 (43GP) *Tied 32nd in points* <2nd Rookies> / +6

Spicer (04) - NTDP: 12-13-25 (38GP) / +4

On 2/20/2022 at 11:25 AM, AJS said:

Singleton has really fallen off the past 20 games or so. May be hurt. 

to get drafted in the AJ you need to put up big numbers. There is another 05 on his team killing it…heading to Denver I believe.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Singleton has really fallen off the past 20 games or so. May be hurt. 

to get drafted in the AJ you need to put up big numbers. There is another 05 on his team killing it…heading to Denver I believe.

Rieger Lorenz (38G-47A-85pts-60GP)? He's not an '05--he's an '04, according to the AJHL website--but he is committed to Denver.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Imagine my surprise. :silly::(:angry:

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0042802020.html

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/339282/jack-works

Maybe something the coaches realize is that stats don't always translate to the next level, so you better make sure you have the character correct.  Not saying that is the case here, because I believe that Lorenz will be a good player, but Singleton could as well.   Jack Works hasn't exactly been a stud for Denver, and even if he was putting up points for them, I wouldn't trade Louis Jamernik for him.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tnt said:

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0042802020.html

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/339282/jack-works

Maybe something the coaches realize is that stats don't always translate to the next level, so you better make sure you have the character correct.  Not saying that is the case here, because I believe that Lorenz will be a good player, but Singleton could as well.   Jack Works hasn't exactly been a stud for Denver, and even if he was putting up points for them, I wouldn't trade Louis Jamernik for him.  

Matteo Costantini on line one.... 

58 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Blais never seemed to get "thee best" recruit off any team, but he always seemed to get the second best from every team. Those second best guys always seemed to have something to prove on the ice. 

He seemed to get "'thee best' recruit" in the league.

One of the reasons the 1997-98 and 1998-99 teams were so dominate is because Blaiser had three USHL players of the year on the team--Jeff Panzer, Karl Goehring, and Jason Blake*.

Guys like Drew Stafford, Zach Parise, and Matt Greene were okay recruits too.

*Yes, Blake transferred.