SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Ethan Bowen is no longer shown on Heisenbergs site as committed to UND. 

On his twitter it shows he is still committed in his bio and he was last active on that a couple days ago. However that doesn’t mean anything I guess. 

71BA8AF6-12E1-4DF5-8D17-CD142A1BC9BF.jpeg

6 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Yeah....pt/gm 18 year old in the USHL. Decent grab. If you're missing on some higher end prospects these are exactly the types of kids you need to grab.

Everything I've heard about him today is that he's a budding stud. Late bloomer, left PSU commitment because scouts are loving his game. Had he not gotten picked in the 7th this year, he'd be a second rounder next year. I was told he'll jump right in as a top ender and power play as a rookie. 

10 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Everything I've heard about him today is that he's a budding stud. Late bloomer, left PSU commitment because scouts are loving his game. Had he not gotten picked in the 7th this year, he'd be a second rounder next year. I was told he'll jump right in as a top ender and power play as a rookie. 

Might as well head straight to the show.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/flyers-draft-pick-owen-mclaughlin-commits-to-und

McLaughlin racked up 10 points in his first seven USHL games, and multiple scouts told the Herald that if McLaughlin went undrafted last summer — he was 19 picks away from doing so — he would have been a second- or third-round pick this upcoming year.

So, when McLaughlin dropped his commitment to Penn State and re-opened his recruiting in late October, a fierce recruiting battle ensued.

UND won that battle this week.

McLaughlin, a 6-foot, 165-pound center, has signed a National Letter of Intent to play college hockey for the Fighting Hawks.

"I'm super excited," McLaughlin said. "The visit was unbelievable. I had a really good time getting to know all the coaches. The whole support staff was unbelievable. Hanging out with the team, even though it was a short period, was great. I'm pumped to go."

McLaughlin narrowed his decision down to UND, Minnesota Duluth and UMass. He made campus visits to all three.

On 12/15/2021 at 12:32 AM, stoneySIOUX said:

Yep...article said 2nd-3rd round projection. That would be B grade range. Again, this is a great get for us. 18 year old pt/gm+ guy in the USHL. Those are the kids we need to bring in.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Yep...article said 2nd-3rd round projection. That would be B grade range. Again, this is a great get for us. 18 year old pt/gm+ guy in the USHL. Those are the kids we need to bring in.

Agree. And UND won a fierce recruiting battle. Seems like we're on the wrong side of those battles too often.