SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I have to get NHL 23 to get all thew new players on my custom "Fighting Sioux" team. I have an all UND team on the game with custom made Sioux jerseys. Its a full squad and then some. Actually pretty cool all those guys are simply just in the game already, going down even into LIIGA and AHL etc, I have so many UND players on my squad. I will post my lines later like I did last year.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Favorite Hak story: 

Christmas time, MSP G concourse. I'm headed to gate and there sits Hak eating a sandwich at one of those iPad cafe stations. Make eye contact; nods me over. Standard how-ya-been-where-ya-goings, but very generic because he's trying to stay low and eat before a flight (back to PHI at that time) and you can see there's a group there trying to figure out who he is. He goes, I order, member of group comes over and asks who that was. Me (suspicious) tell them "a friend from college". Them: he looks like an NHL coach I think ... Me: well he is boarding to Philly ... Light bulb comes on. "And he sits and eats out here, not diamond club?" Me: now you've met Hak. 

When the team chartered delta and we’d have them bring the bus on to the ramp. Should have seen him give the boys the look. When we’d ask the standard security questions. Because there are like why are you asking us this stuff. 

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

Good. Kid paid his dues and should be able to do what he loves. 

Will be interesting to hear if the Bruin's will hear from the victim's family, or if he isn't going to be allowed back in society. 

11 minutes ago, tnt said:

Will be interesting to hear if the Bruin's will hear from the victim's family, or if he isn't going to be allowed back in society. 

Will also be interesting to see if the asstwat on this site who called for him to commit suicide will pipe back up.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

For me it’s pretty simply.  If he made a sincere apology to the victim he should by all means get a second chance.  If not, he doesn’t deserve it.  Would like to know what the victim of his action has to say about it today.  

6 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Victim's mom is relishing the opportunity to do the media rounds.

Tbh that’s what it seems like.

after all this time…zero documented issues since. Not sure what the hesitation is with this kid. There are pros playing that have done much worse.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rochsioux said:

For me it’s pretty simply.  If he made a sincere apology to the victim he should by all means get a second chance.  If not, he doesn’t deserve it.  Would like to know what the victim of his action has to say about it today.  

He tried to reach out…the other kid didn’t accept. I mean everyone needs to move forward. Kid should have a short leash.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Victim's mom is relishing the opportunity to do the media rounds.

The more I looked into it all back then the Victims mom and fam are definitely not angelic...

TBH I'm shocked they don't let him get to the show then go after civil damages. 

that's doesnt change the fact he did what he did.

He has lost a lot already. 

I know 8th graders who have done much worse and become better people from their past.

I'll let the good Lord judge him

• Upvote 1

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/boston-bruins-sign-mitchell-miller

Miller arrived on campus in the fall of 2020, but was booted from the team after an Arizona Republic article detailed past bullying and racism when Miller was 14 years old. He was allowed to continue as a student.

The Arizona Coyotes, who selected Miller in the fourth round of the NHL Draft, also renounced their pick.

Miller returned to the USHL last season and won the league's MVP award, tallying 39 goals and 83 points in 60 games for Tri-City.

A couple of college teams looked into bringing him aboard, but ultimately did not.

I wonder which college teams were looking into adding him.

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

According to Bettman he’s not eligible to play in the NHL as of now https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2469365

Like everyone I agree what he did was reprehensible but is the kid not allowed to earn a living for the rest of his life? Like SCPA said, from all indications he hasn't had any character issues since so should the kid not be allowed to do anything the rest of his life! His is still only 20 years old with the better part of his life yet to live. Give the kid a chance and again like others have said with a very short leash! I get professional hockey in the NHL is different than a normal 9 to 5 job but would there be any issue if the kid was hired by XYZ Company?