SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

1 hour ago, skateshattrick said:

The Wings are better than the Sharks, and have much better young players than the Sharks (Seider, Raymond) so I have no idea what you are talking about regarding NHL purgatory. I suspect you don't either. 

Wow.. talk about ignorance.

Detroit wishes it was Vancouver. ... so they'd be that much closer to relevance again.

Where is Detroit in the standings?You don't know without looking.

Who do they have in the system? You don't know without looking.

Is Detroit rebuilding? You couldn't figure that out by looking.

Do you know why?

Because Detroit is irrelevant. Has been for years, will be for years.

As far a a 6 point plug in the American league is concerned...

Detroit is purgatory....

Grand Rapids is hell.

10 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Wow.. talk about ignorance.

Detroit wishes it was Vancouver. ... so they'd be that much closer to relevance again.

Where is Detroit in the standings?You don't know without looking.

Who do they have in the system? You don't know without looking.

Is Detroit rebuilding? You couldn't figure that out by looking.

Do you know why?

Because Detroit is irrelevant. Has been for years, will be for years.

As far a a 6 point plug in the American league is concerned...

Detroit is purgatory....

Grand Rapids is hell.

Why don't you take about 30 seconds and tell us everything you know about hockey. From your thousands of idiotic posts, the answer is already apparent. 

6 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

Why don't you take about 30 seconds and tell us everything you know about hockey. From your thousands of idiotic posts, the answer is already apparent. 

Touched a nerve eh?

Take off the spoked wheel glasses bud.

It's bliss for you isn't it?

Vancouver? A mess. What are they going to do with Horvat? And their GM has made Bruce a lame duck behind the bench with his public statements. Will Bruce coach out the season or be gone before? Will they go rebuild or retool. And this when the team has Hughes, Petterson, and Boeser*. It's never great when NHL Radio on Sirius spends an hour questioning the moves and statements the GM has made or hasn't made. (They're befuddled how a guy with 2 Cups would made his coach a lame duck.) 

Detroit? The Larkin problem. Re-sign and you tie up cash to finish the youth movement rebuild; don't and lose the leader. 

San Jose? They're shopping 65 to get out from under that atrocious deal. They are rebudget/rebuild mode with no toe hold (at least DET has Seider). 

My view of those three situations? Detroit is best of the three, followed by 'cou, then SJS. 

But they're better situations than ANA, CBJ, and CHI. 

*And my post does include a former player, and a reference to one (CHI). 

On 1/19/2023 at 7:53 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Vancouver? A mess. What are they going to do with Horvat? And their GM has made Bruce a lame duck behind the bench with his public statements. Will Bruce coach out the season or be gone before? Will they go rebuild or retool. And this when the team has Hughes, Petterson, and Boeser*. It's never great when NHL Radio on Sirius spends an hour questioning the moves and statements the GM has made or hasn't made. (They're befuddled how a guy with 2 Cups would made his coach a lame duck.) 

Detroit? The Larkin problem. Re-sign and you tie up cash to finish the youth movement rebuild; don't and lose the leader. 

San Jose? They're shopping 65 to get out from under that atrocious deal. They are rebudget/rebuild mode with no toe hold (at least DET has Seider). 

My view of those three situations? Detroit is best of the three, followed by 'cou, then SJS. 

But they're better situations than ANA, CBJ, and CHI. 

*And my post does include a former player, and a reference to one (CHI). 

The word is that Tocchet has to give so much notice to TNT, so Boudreau is just in place until that time is up.  Who knows if that is true or not, but you’d think he would be gone otherwise.

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Congrat to Cole Smith on his first career goal in the NHL!

https://www.nhl.com/video/smith-nets-1st-career-goal/t-277350912/c-14869572

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Love the reaction of his teammates on the bench.  You can tell he is well liked because he brings it every night.  Could use a few more like that this year.

Fabulous!   Is he the first Brainerd guy to score in the NHL?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Two guesses who scored the lone goal for the Islanders

I've often thought about how much it could help college hockey if our tv broadcasters where even a fraction as interested in college hockey as football broadcasters are in college football. Tom Brady has been playing for decades, and they still mention where he played college ball and what round he got drafted. Imagine if the broadcast crew for this game cared enough to highlight that all three goals were scored or assisted by guys that went to the same college. And obviously, not just UND. They could give all of college hockey a boost by emphasizing these connections.

As annoying as it is at times (the state of hockey!!, blah blah blah) the BSN crew does a fair job of talking up Minnesoda connections, but I'll be damned if they mention anything beyond Minnesoda.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, N of GF said:

I've often thought about how much it could help college hockey if our tv broadcasters where even a fraction as interested in college hockey as football broadcasters are in college football. Tom Brady has been playing for decades, and they still mention where he played college ball and what round he got drafted. Imagine if the broadcast crew for this game cared enough to highlight that all three goals were scored or assisted by guys that went to the same college. And obviously, not just UND. They could give all of college hockey a boost by emphasizing these connections.

As annoying as it is at times (the state of hockey!!, blah blah blah) the BSN crew does a fair job of talking up Minnesoda connections, but I'll be damned if they mention anything beyond Minnesoda.

Hockey has so many paths compared to football. Obviously college is the most local path but it's a lot for them to remember.

16 hours ago, dden3 said:

I’ve start d watching a bit of the Kraken on ESPN+. They are getting good. And Hak is starting to get mentioned as a Jack Adams candidate. 

Impossible... Hak is the stupidest person to ever enter a hockey rink...

accourding to the educated, rational, sober, and intellectually informed patrons of the Philadelphia sports world......