SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Definitely. From the MJHL to playing in a marquee game in the NHL. A good example to cite to recruits.

…and I see today, he and Granlund are the first unit forwards on the penalty kill.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

What’s Hakstol’s secret these days?  Is the Fountain of Youth in Seattle?

I met Hakstol in the Minneapolis airport a couple months ago.  The guy looks the exact same as he did back at UND...he's like Paul Rudd...refuses to age.
Super nice guy though, spent like 5-10 minutes just chatting Sioux hockey with me.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I met Hakstol in the Minneapolis airport a couple months ago.  The guy looks the exact same as he did back at UND...he's like Paul Rudd...refuses to age.
Super nice guy though, spent like 5-10 minutes just chatting Sioux hockey with me.

He is a good guy. If one saw him on the bench they’d think he’s mister serious. He has a great sense of humor 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, sioux rube said:

He is a good guy. If one saw him on the bench they’d think he’s mister serious. He has a great sense of humor 

My daughter attended a summer camp at Engelstad years ago,   He didn't have an official role but was always around the rink, of course, and she said he was a respectful but very approachable, friendly man.  

11 hours ago, burd said:

My daughter attended a summer camp at Engelstad years ago,   He didn't have an official role but was always around the rink, of course, and she said he was a respectful but very approachable, friendly man.  

Could be the same time my daughter was there. I met him during that camp for the first time then again at the state tournament in 13’ 

My buddy ran into Coach Hakstol a week or so ago at an Avs/Kraken game and my buddy’s not really a UND fan but after the game he saw Hak walking in the concourse so he yelled, “Go Sioux!” and Coach walked over to my buddy and chatted with him for a couple of minutes! I thought that was pretty cool.

• Upvote 2