SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

30 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Like everyone I agree what he did was reprehensible but is the kid not allowed to earn a living for the rest of his life? Like SCPA said, from all indications he hasn't had any character issues since so should the kid not be allowed to do anything the rest of his life! His is still only 20 years old with the better part of his life yet to live. Give the kid a chance and again like others have said with a very short leash! I get professional hockey in the NHL is different than a normal 9 to 5 job but would there be any issue if the kid was hired by XYZ Company? 

Agree. At some point, he needs to be allowed to move on with his life. I wonder if the victim's mom will push for a lifetime ban? :silly:

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I was being sarcastic because the mom can't seem to let this go. At some point, you have to move on.

I’d rather hear from the actual victim instead of his mom all the time. I also don’t think they even want an apology because it doesn’t sound like it would be accepted anyway. It sounds like from what I have heard that there are a lot of issues between these 2 families, beyond just this incident. They should try to work things out privately, but doubt that’ll ever happen at this point. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Agree. At some point, he needs to be allowed to move on with his life. I wonder if the victim's mom will push for a lifetime ban? :silly:

I've read a few articles on this subject and apparently, he hasn't apologized to the victim. Or did it over Instagram. 

26 minutes ago, Goon said:

I've read a few articles on this subject and apparently, he hasn't apologized to the victim. Or did it over Instagram. 

That is what I was reading. However, in today's news....I have read that he hasn't apologized...that he apologized over Instagram....that he apologized over Snapchat.  All of those are supposed quotes from the victim's mother.  Her story has changed a couple of times with different news organizations which makes me wonder what the whole truth is.

30 minutes ago, siouxforeverbaby said:

That is what I was reading. However, in today's news....I have read that he hasn't apologized...that he apologized over Instagram....that he apologized over Snapchat.  All of those are supposed quotes from the victim's mother.  Her story has changed a couple of times with different news organizations which makes me wonder what the whole truth is.

I caught that too. I don't know what to make of this story. Yes, he did some really bad things as kid, and that doesn't excuse this. I am not sure that he will be able to move on from this. I think that he's going to have to apologize and look sincere and contrite and to date, he hasn't done that. This Twitter thread covers these things. I know that the Boston Bruins are taking a lot of heat for signing him. 

Adam Wodon Wrote this:

It should be noted, too, that Miller's agent is Eustace King. King, an African-American and former college hockey player at Miami, is a member of the NHL’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee. King has thought enough of him to take him on, take him under his wing, and advocate for places to play.

8 minutes ago, Goon said:

I caught that too. I don't know what to make of this story. Yes, he did some really bad things as kid, and that doesn't excuse this. I am not sure that he will be able to move on from this. I think that he's going to have to apologize and look sincere and contrite and to date, he hasn't done that. This Twitter thread covers these things. I know that the Boston Bruins are taking a lot of heat for signing him. 

Adam Wodon Wrote this:

I would agree that I am not quite sure of what to make of it.  It is a situation where there is never going to be a "winner".  Both of them will have to live with it forever and no one else will ever truly know the complete story.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Then Ms. Meyer-Crothers is part of the problem. She seems to want to keep this situation going indefinitely. At what point does this become ridiculous?

It became ridiculous a couple years back. IIRC, Mitchell tried to contact the family to apologize personally, and they refused. She is indeed part of the problem. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

It became ridiculous a couple years back. IIRC, Mitchell tried to contact the family to apologize personally, and they refused. She is indeed part of the problem. 

The more you find out about the type of people this mom and pop are... the more murky and cloudy the situation becomes and quite frankly how truly  "UNbelievable" it all is.

Mom and dad are exploiting this poor boy and as some people are suggesting... may have all along.

*Disclaimer. Miller did bad !@#$ and he's paid dearly legally and professionally.

He doesn't get a pass but he's now a whipping boy for virtue signalers who have no idea about him or what happened but can now get a soundbite in

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, tnt said:

https://www.bladeofsteel.com/Local-parent-claims-Mitchell-Miller-is-being-lied-about-shares-her-side-of-the-story-173187&s=22
It’s hard to know what is the exact truth in this situation, but weren’t there NHL players that actually killed people while drinking and driving while they were adults and still managed to have careers in the NHL? 

Seems that Mitchell might need to move to Europe and just try to sign with a Euro league or something.  I don't think the mom is going to let this go, ever.

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Seems that Mitchell might need to move to Europe and just try to sign with a Euro league or something.  I don't think the mom is going to let this go, ever.

The mom may find herself on the receiving end of a lawsuit for harrassment or financial injury if she keeps this up. At what point does the victim become a perpetrator? At some point, this nonsense has to stop and this woman needs to move on.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tnt said:

https://www.bladeofsteel.com/Local-parent-claims-Mitchell-Miller-is-being-lied-about-shares-her-side-of-the-story-173187&s=22
It’s hard to know what is the exact truth in this situation, but weren’t there NHL players that actually killed people while drinking and driving while they were adults and still managed to have careers in the NHL? 

Heatley comes to mind