SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

3 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

If only every current NHL player had their sins laid bare...

The hypocrisy on this stinks to high heaven.  How many of you think that everyone affiliated with the League would consent to have their juvenile records published?

I truly hope that hypocrisy is exposed.  Wish every statement or act Bettman has made since he was 14 is scrutinized, and he has to live under the same standard.

8 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

If only every current NHL player had their sins laid bare...

The hypocrisy on this stinks to high heaven.  How many of you think that everyone affiliated with the League would consent to have their juvenile records published?

This is starting to get cruel and unusual 

3 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

At what point is it bullying from Isiah's mother towards Mitchell?

I honestly don’t know, I just know there guys in the NHL right now who’ve done some terrible things. It’s documented and for some reason they keep messing with this kid. Karma? Maybe…but man. I doubt all these teams would have kept him around  if he was that bad of a dude. His talent is there…but he’s not Connor mcdavid. Just curious why this did doesn’t get a second chance while almost everyone else does?

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I honestly don’t know, I just know there guys in the NHL right now who’ve done some terrible things. It’s documented and for some reason they keep messing with this kid. Karma? Maybe…but man. I doubt all these teams would have kept him around  if he was that bad of a dude. His talent is there…but he’s not Connor mcdavid. Just curious why this did doesn’t get a second chance while almost everyone else does?

I agree with you, its really weird that Gary Bettman/NHL is drawing a line with him. If anyone should be banished from the NHL it's Gary Bettman. Him keeping the Coyotes in Arizona for as long as he has is painful enough.

25 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Sean Burke comes to mind for me. He beat his wife terribly in 97 and was allowed to play in the NHL afterwards and now he is the goaltending coach in Vegas.

16 hours ago, tnt said:

I remember people talking about that when I lived in Mass during the 1980's. Vehicular Homicide isn't a small incident, it's very serious. Yet, he was allowed to come back and play after serving his consequence. 

MacTavish missed the 1984–85 season after being convicted of vehicular homicide, having struck and killed a young woman while he was driving under the influence of alcohol. 

Four former players on the sheet in Ottawa tonight: https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/event/vancouver-canucks-ottawa-senators-20221108?event_id=195561

Pinto, Sanderson and JBD for the Senators. Boeser for the Canucks. It would have been five if Tucker Poolman was available for the Canucks. I wonder what the biggest number of UND folks playing in an NHL game was?

2 hours ago, UNDPUCKS said:

Four former players on the sheet in Ottawa tonight: https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/event/vancouver-canucks-ottawa-senators-20221108?event_id=195561

Pinto, Sanderson and JBD for the Senators. Boeser for the Canucks. It would have been five if Tucker Poolman was available for the Canucks. I wonder what the biggest number of UND folks playing in an NHL game was?

Some of those Jets - NorthStars games back in the late 80s had quite a few.

First, the following in no way condones Miller's actions as a 14 year old. Those actions were abhorrent and despicable and Miller deserved any ramifications handed down by the juvenile judicial system. 

But how did a juvenile matter (14 year old) come to public light? Those are normally sealed court records. If it was the victim's family that revealed a juvenile court matter, aren't they responsible for the later impacts of their actions? Could the argument be made they did cost Miller college scholarships and an entry level NHL contract? 

Where are my lawyers here? 

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I'll take "Things that weren't written by who is claiming they wrote it for $1200 Alex" (#RIP)

Not dismissing the actions but... yeah Mom wrote that.

As stated the truth is somewhere in thw middle

I’m in the camp that it’s the mother who is behind this. An agent such as Miller’s isn’t going to stick his neck out like he has (and he explained in the podcast). Sad situation all around.

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Good, he did nothing wrong to get cut or void his contract. 

Now the next thing we will hear is Isiaiah’s  mom suing him in civil court.