SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

8 hours ago, Randy Lahey said:

The way schmaltz played last night it would have been a dream if him and jost were our top 2 centers. Wouldn't even be fair... Looks like he's starting to get his confidence at the next level good to see.

So you're saying UND might have been able to be Sparty this year?

9 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Kristo is going to end up in Europe, his numbers are bad 6-7-13.

Yep- I don't think there has been much doubt about his NHL window having passed.  He had a top 6 winger game, unfortunately that means 60 NHL jobs on his natural wing...give another 15 jobs if someone is willing to play the right player on his off-wing...75 jobs...in his prime, he might've been the 100th or so best...so...no job.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, SiouxSherm94 said:

Why this sticks in my memory so well I don't know, but his goal against CC, second game first round of NCHC conference tournament in 2014. Besides the national championship celebration and the OT winner against Air Force last year, I don't remember a more loud crowd inside the Ralph. Granted I'm only a senior in college, but it was absolutely insane. Love Stecher, always will. Incredible athlete on and off the ice.

I think that game was 2 years ago... but agree that was nuts. Caggiula ties it up with a few ticks on the clock then Parks to Chyzyk for a shorthanded goal with OT expiring to win it.

That was one of the most improbable wins I've seen.

• Upvote 1

Let's see ... the 2016-2017 UND in the NHL "shinny team" (must have appeared in 1 NHL game this season):

Toews Oshie Stafford
Parise Zajac Nelson
VandeVelde Grimaldi Schmaltz
Caggiula Rowney

Greene Forbort
Simpson Chorney
Stetcher Ladue 

Dell
McIntyre

Looks like Jordan Schmaltz got called up to STL; but, he still hasn't met criteria. When he does, we get our 20 man game day sheet! :D
Malone went to STL (assigned to AHL) as part of the deal with WAS so he might end up here yet. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Dell recieved a massive vote of confidence from the Sharks.

Me thinks there's a great chance a new UND alumni gets their name on the cup this year....

Parise....

Schmaltz...

Oshie....

Dell......

My picks in that order

It sure seems like both the Wild and the Caps are due.