SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Since it's the off season and there isn't anything else to do but needlessly dissect player quotes and other things into subatomic levels, anyone else catch Boeser on the latest Stand Up and Cheer podcast? He talked about his wrist injury and some other stuff from the season. One thing that I caught, and he didn't elaborate on was they asked who he was going to miss the least, and he said the newly declared Captain and referenced his attitude. Anyone else think it was Pogo that called Boeser out when Berry referenced the "real" leaders taking control of the locker room?

Side note, Boeser could put a crackhead to sleep. Great hockey player, not the most energetic speaker.

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

That's a horrible question to ask...who are you going to miss the least.  Just a question to stir up drama.

I agree 100%, but it was asked, and he answered. It just seemed weird overall to me, I was expecting him to laugh something off and name someone like his roommate or something because he snores, or something stupid like that. Then he answered the way he did, and there was no real follow-up to it. Left me a bit stunned as I was listening.

Anybody think it was a joke between two people that have spent a lot of time together over the past two years?

Jayson isn't an idiot (for the most part ;)) and he isn't going to ask that question as serious. Boeser responded jokingly as well. 

14 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

It was a joke. Long off season.

Agree.  I think its a part of hockey culture.   Just like the discussion about how nervous Paul LaDue was before the 2016 Title game and people kept needling him.   It's what you do.  

What I found most interesting was that before his original commitment to Wi, he described considering just MN, WI and MI.   Fascinating, and I bet there are a fair number of smart kids who don't look farther than that.

I doubt it was a joke.  Just more evidence that Boesser was a cancer in the locker room this season and just like the team was better with him last year, they would have been better without him this year.  More talk about the wrist injury.....that magically was just fine once he got to the NHL.  He was a top flight talent that was demoted down lines because anyone that watched this year saw him lose almost every race to loose pucks and lose almost every battle in the corners.  It's just too bad he didn't leave on a high note after his 1st season if his heart wasn't gonna be in it this season.

• Downvote 5

54 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

I doubt it was a joke.  Just more evidence that Boesser was a cancer in the locker room this season and just like the team was better with him last year, they would have been better without him this year.  More talk about the wrist injury.....that magically was just fine once he got to the NHL.  He was a top flight talent that was demoted down lines because anyone that watched this year saw him lose almost every race to loose pucks and lose almost every battle in the corners.  It's just too bad he didn't leave on a high note after his 1st season if his heart wasn't gonna be in it this season.

You have the right username, at least.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

Oshie to wild?  I think it's a better chance that he stays with the Caps.

I know someone who talked to TJ and was told that he would like to finish his career with MN. That was before he had a huge season with the Caps though, so he may want to cash in. Though if MN can afford a fair offer, I would imagine Oshie would give it some serious consideration.

57 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I know someone who talked to TJ and was told that he would like to finish his career with MN. That was before he had a huge season with the Caps though, so he may want to cash in. Though if MN can afford a fair offer, I would imagine Oshie would give it some serious consideration.

I've also heard this as well.  Not sure how the Wild would absorb his cap hit though....even assuming he'd take a hometown discount.

33 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I've also heard this as well.  Not sure how the Wild would absorb his cap hit though....even assuming he'd take a hometown discount.

Do we lose anyone to FA this year? Agreed I also don't know how you absorb the hit. I am clueless when it comes to what players salary are, and how they affect the cap. Don't really care either, just hope they find a way to do it, within reason.

48 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

If he wants his numbers to drop and really, truly never play for a cup, then go right ahead and sign with MN. 

Would be a horrible move. 

2 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

If he wants his numbers to drop and really, truly never play for a cup, then go right ahead and sign with MN. 

Would be a horrible move. 

I'm not a huge Wild however your comment is straight out of right field.

7 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

7 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Really? Maybe you should hockeydb Zach Parise's stats and tell me how many cup Finals he's played in with the Wild?

The numbers don't lie. Sorry son! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Really? Maybe you should hockeydb Zach Parsies stats and tell me how many cup Finals he's played in with the Wild?

The numbers don't lie. Sorry son! 

So by that logic the Wild will never win a cup? Because they have not in the past handful of year? I guess all of the MN professional sports should fold their programs then, because they have not won championship, which means they never will.

UND should probably fold its football program too, since we haven't won a Nat'l Title at the D1 level and NDSU has won 5. Heck I'm surprised we held on to our hockey program for as long as we had without a championship.

When you interpret facts or stats in a way that supports your own personal perspective, it loses a little sincerity. One could also twist the same stats (years Parise has been there) into: The Wild have been a far better team AND playoff team since Parise went there. 5 years with Parise/5 years in the playoffs. 4 years prior the Wild missed the playoffs.

Professional sports teams are constantly evolving. If you think you might be the missing piece that could compliment a team to a championship (a la Favre with the Vikings), then you go there, especially when there are other perks like $$$ or location. Make you wonder why the hell anyone every went to play for the Cubs, doesn't it?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

So by that logic the Wild will never win a cup? Because they have not in the past handful of year? I guess all of the MN professional sports should fold their programs then, because they have not won championship, which means they never will.

UND should probably fold its football program too, since we haven't won a Nat'l Title at the D1 level and NDSU has won 5. Heck I'm surprised we held on to our hockey program for as long as we had without a championship.

When you interpret facts or stats in a way that supports your own personal perspective, it loses a little sincerity. One could also twist the same stats (years Parise has been there) into: The Wild have been a far better team AND playoff team since Parise went there. 5 years with Parise/5 years in the playoffs. 4 years prior the Wild missed the playoffs.

Professional sports teams are constantly evolving. If you think you might be the missing piece that could compliment a team to a championship (a la Favre with the Vikings), then you go there, especially when there are other perks like $$$ or location. Make you wonder why the hell anyone every went to play for the Cubs, doesn't it?

I never said the Wild will never win a cup, if TJ goes there, he'll never win a cup. If he can't with the Caps he won't with Wild, unless you're the only one who thinks the Wild are superior than the Caps?

In addition, like ZPar, TJ is at his peak, his production and stats more or less will decline moving forward. 

Lastly, TJ is not a missing piece to any given puzzle, especially the Wild. They're missing more than a few pieces. No question or debate there.

Stay calm  

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Oshie took a discount on his last contract as he still had a little growing up to do and had a couple minor issues in St. Louis where he had to rebuild trust.

On NHL Network this morning, the talking heads were saying that Oshie is/was Washington's most complete player. I wonder if the Capitals have the cap space to sign him as I bet he's going to get a huge raise where ever he goes. What does he currently make, about $4.5 mill right now?