SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

3 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

On NHL Network this morning, the talking heads were saying that Oshie is/was Washington's most complete player. I wonder if the Capitals have the cap space to sign him as I bet he's going to get a huge raise where ever he goes. What does he currently make, about $4.5 mill right now?

I am guessing Oshie's next salary will be somewhere between 5.5-7 million per

Congrats to all the boys who will be picking up degrees this weekend - but a special stick tap to Zane for completing his psychology degree while bouncing around between the AHL & making his NHL debut this year - can't believe that's an easy accomplishment. 

Good Job!

• Upvote 4

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:41 PM, SiouxForever said:

I never said the Wild will never win a cup, if TJ goes there, he'll never win a cup. If he can't with the Caps he won't with Wild, unless you're the only one who thinks the Wild are superior than the Caps?

In addition, like ZPar, TJ is at his peak, his production and stats more or less will decline moving forward. 

Lastly, TJ is not a missing piece to any given puzzle, especially the Wild. They're missing more than a few pieces. No question or debate there.

Stay calm  

Ya, the Wild are missing more than one piece but Oshie would be a great piece to add.

Not sure whos numbers you are looking at but Parise's numbers have pretty much stayed the same except for the two years in NJ (08-09, 09-10). He's also never played a full season here in Minnesota. 

17 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

Ya, the Wild are missing more than one piece but Oshie would be a great piece to add.

Not sure whos numbers you are looking at but Parise's numbers have pretty much stayed the same except for the two years in NJ (08-09, 09-10). He's also never played a full season here in Minnesota. 

I don't know, 3 of the 4 teams remaining before the playoffs began were probably thought to have needed a few more pieces as well.  Most people thought that Ottawa would be the first Canadian team out of the playoffs.  We'll see what happens the rest of the way, but it could be that the team that wins it wasn't even in the conversation about the Stanley Cup before the playoffs began.  Does anybody have the odds for each team before the playoffs began?

2 hours ago, WiSioux said:

Chyzyk just tweeted he was accepted into the UND law school. Good for him.

2 hours ago, WiSioux said:

Chyzyk just tweeted he was accepted into the UND law school. Good for him.

I love reading things like this!

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2017 at 3:15 PM, SiouxForever said:

If he wants his numbers to drop and really, truly never play for a cup, then go right ahead and sign with MN. 

Would be a horrible move. 

His odds would probably be the same in Minnesota as him playing on any team with Ovechkin.

St. Louis is losing its AHL affiliate for next season. Chicago Wolves going with Vegas.  St. Louis had announced they will "affiliate" and loan their players to other American league clubs.

Not a good situation, i wonder if that played a role in their prispects choices this year.....and what it may hold for Jordan Schmaltz.

On 5/11/2017 at 3:25 PM, SiouxForever said:

Really? Maybe you should hockeydb Zach Parise's stats and tell me how many cup Finals he's played in with the Wild?

The numbers don't lie. Sorry son! 

Maybe you should also take into account his age (and the way he plays).  You see....when players get older....their stats tend to decrease over time.  Especially when said player plays an aggressive style and they aren't built for that style physically.  They may even miss a handful of games here and there due to injury.

Also, Parise made it to the cup finals 1 time in NJ...in his prime. One more time than the Wild. You make it sound as though he was there every other year while in NJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Ben Cherski has passed away.....

Some very large legends of Sioux hockey have slipped away recently.... 

I like to imagine them skating across a perfect sheet of ice that never needs resurfacing ....firing pucks off wooden boards and chickenwire netting...  scoring perpetual hat tricks on beaten gopher goalies......wool sweaters and straight bladed sticks raised in eternal celebration....

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Ben Cherski has passed away.....

Some very large legends of Sioux hockey have slipped away recently.... 

I like to imagine them skating across a perfect sheet of ice that never needs resurfacing ....firing pucks off wooden boards and chickenwire netting...  scoring perpetual hat tricks on beaten gopher goalies......wool sweaters and straight bladed sticks raised in eternal celebration....

Oh man, sad day.

I have Brad Miller's game-worn black Sioux jersey #13 when they had past Sioux players names on the shoulder that had previously worn the same number.  So it's a Cherski/Miller jersey.  I thought that was pretty cool when I got it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having a tough time with the google tonight...I need the help of some of the Old School guys...What was Jim Archibald's number while at UND?  I believe he had 2, and I'm thinking 15 and 21 but cannot find any pics confirming either.

8 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Having a tough time with the google tonight...I need the help of some of the Old School guys...What was Jim Archibald's number while at UND?  I believe he had 2, and I'm thinking 15 and 21 but cannot find any pics confirming either.

Found 15 

IMG_4213.PNG

• Upvote 1