SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

8 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

I disagree ...there were two conclusive views. The talking heads all agreed that it was offsides. Toronto thought other wise. Toronto blew that call.

The law of physics make those views conclusive.  Did the puck stop moving? Yes.  What possibly could have stopped it? A stick.  Do we need to see the exact piece of tape that stopped the puck?

However, it did results in a nice Parise goal so that made it better for me at least :)

The view from behind the play (Parise side) made we wonder (inconclusive). 

The view from the Coyle side, sure the stick was between the camera and puck, but why didn't the puck keep coming? 

The view from straight down the blue line was a no-brainer: offsides. 

The Wild got a gift on that one. 

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

It was funny listening to BB on PA, he sounded like he knew it was offsides but said all the right things to act as if the refs made the right call.

He was off side, but he was not on the initial zone entry.  The puck went out of the zone again after the initial zone entry. The explanation Zach got was that the officials weren't permitted to look at that entry, only the initial zone entry can be looked at. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Didn't coyle pull the puck back to the blue line to re-establish possession?  When coyle initially caught the puck it was still in the ozone (as well as parise) and that is what everyone (including the announcers) was looking at.  However, I could have sworn coyle pulled the puck back to the blue line. 

Doesn't the blue line belong to whatever zone the puck is in, so wouldn't Coyle have had to pull the puck COMPLETELY over the blue line for the puck to be considered out of the offensive zone?  He pulled it onto the blue line, but I don't think he got it all the way over.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Doesn't the blue line belong to whatever zone the puck is in, so wouldn't Coyle have had to pull the puck COMPLETELY over the blue line for the puck to be considered out of the offensive zone?  He pulled it onto the blue line, but I don't think he got it all the way over.

That I don't know.  It was just so obvious that there is no way Toronto could miss something like that.  There must have been some reason.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yea, except the puck came out to center ice, and while Parise was still in the zone, on his way out to tag-up, the puck was passed back to Coyle and brought into the zone, with Parise still in the offensive zone.  It was about as clear of an offsides as there can be.  I don't know how they said it was inconclusive.

1 minute ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

Yea, except the puck came out to center ice, and while Parise was still in the zone, on his way out to tag-up, the puck was passed back to Coyle and brought into the zone, with Parise still in the offensive zone.  It was about as clear of an offsides as there can be.  I don't know how they said it was inconclusive.

Exactly.  He possessed it with Zach in the zone.  

2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

He was off side, but he was not on the initial zone entry.  The puck went out of the zone again after the initial zone entry. The explanation Zach got was that the officials weren't permitted to look at that entry, only the initial zone entry can be looked at. 

That was my understanding as well.  The initial offsides was missed, but the puck then came into the neutral zone and reentered with Parise in neutral zone.  I believe they can only consider the entry into the zone immediately prior to goal scoring, which wasn't offsides.

10 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

That was my understanding as well.  The initial offsides was missed, but the puck then came into the neutral zone and reentered with Parise in neutral zone.  I believe they can only consider the entry into the zone immediately prior to goal scoring, which wasn't offsides.

Parise was offside when Coyle touched the puck .....the puck never came back out of the zone before the goal was scored. So it could be reviewed and it was. They just blew the call.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I still think he was the biggest loss from last years team. Leadership by example and then some.

Couldn't agree more. A great d-man and the hardest worker on the team. Stecher took zero shifts off, which held everyone accountable. And when he made one of those plays where he went into a scrum with 4 guys, pulled the puck out and skated the length of the ice to set up a play it got the crowd pumped.

7 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Couldn't agree more. A great d-man and the hardest worker on the team. Stecher took zero shifts off, which held everyone accountable. And when he made one of those plays where he went into a scrum with 4 guys, pulled the puck out and skated the length of the ice to set up a play it got the crowd pumped.

I still remember the first time I saw him play. Instantly my favorite player on the team.

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I still remember the first time I saw him play. Instantly my favorite player on the team.

Why this sticks in my memory so well I don't know, but his goal against CC, second game first round of NCHC conference tournament in 2014. Besides the national championship celebration and the OT winner against Air Force last year, I don't remember a more loud crowd inside the Ralph. Granted I'm only a senior in college, but it was absolutely insane. Love Stecher, always will. Incredible athlete on and off the ice.