SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

On 12/8/2016 at 11:30 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Let's see ... the 2016-2017 UND in the NHL "shinny team" (must have appeared in 1 NHL game this season):

Toews Oshie Stafford
Parise Zajac Nelson
VandeVelde Grimaldi Schmaltz
Caggiula 

Greene Forbort
Simpson Chorney
Stetcher 

Dell
McIntyre

Feel free to update as needed. 

Soon will be enough skaters to make a team.

55 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Do you think his roller hockey background gives him an advantage in a shoot out? Or why does he seem to be so much better than most at them...?

I don't think you can isolate roller hockey as the why, but certainly all reps practicing deception help.  TJ has absolutely sick hands.  That skill translates to shootout goals.  

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

I don't think you can isolate roller hockey as the why, but certainly all reps practicing deception help.  TJ has absolutely sick hands.  That skill translates to shootout goals.  

I wonder if he's a good golfer.  That skill often transfers to a great short game. 

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:49 AM, burd said:

I've seen a lot of hockey players who have great hands who also  have a very good short game in golf.

That makes sense, wasn't following the line of reason initially.  Yup, good hands can translate to a good short game or in certain instances they can hurt too. If you get too handsy it's really easy to chunk/skull those delicate shots too that you generally want to eliminate your hands from. From what I have heard TJ is not going to be joining the tour after his hockey career but certainly can hold his own with most people he plays. I tried searching a handicap on the GHIN site but no such luck. Just from watching his swing and knowing how athletic he is, I'd guess high single digit handicapper.