SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

38 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It is amazing that 4 players from last years team (Schmaltz, Caggiula, Stecher, Ladue) are all currently on NHL rosters this year and have made their debut.  And if Boeser had decided to turn pro after last year it would have been 5!  I really makes you appreciate how good that 2015-2016 team was.  Awesome to see these guys playing for NHL teams this year.  Really shows how great a program we have here at UND.

Not to mention 2 others who are regulars in the AHL (Thompson & Johnson) and 2 more who have played in the ECHL (Chyzyk & Sanderson).

Seems like a good time to update this list ... 

On 12/8/2016 at 11:30 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Let's see ... the 2016-2017 UND in the NHL "shinny team" (must have appeared in 1 NHL game this season):

Toews Oshie Stafford
Parise Zajac Nelson
VandeVelde Grimaldi Schmaltz
Caggiula Rowney

Greene Forbort
Simpson Chorney
Stetcher Ladue 

Dell
McIntyre

There has to be one more forward I'm missing ... 

12 minutes ago, fargosioux said:

Surprised Malone hasn't made an NHL appearance this season.

8 minutes ago, burd said:

After so many years in the league, Porter hasn't been up this year?

Those were the first two names I looked at for my "at least 1 game this season" criteria. Nope. 

11 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I thought he was offsides, but I'll take it.

It was offsides. Coyle stopped the puck with his stick and Parise hadn't cleared the zone yet. 

How in the world does the "eye in the sky" in Toronto miss that? 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

It was offsides. Coyle stopped the puck with his stick and Parise hadn't cleared the zone yet. 

How in the world does the "eye in the sky" in Toronto miss that? 

Didn't coyle pull the puck back to the blue line to re-establish possession?  When coyle initially caught the puck it was still in the ozone (as well as parise) and that is what everyone (including the announcers) was looking at.  However, I could have sworn coyle pulled the puck back to the blue line. 

4 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

I figured since the puck stopped....it was pretty conclusive that he had touched it.

Hence "common sense". The only view they had was with the stick between the puck and the camera. So like the talking heads said, there is no "conclusive view". 

My opinion, the ref signaling onside should have been it, these reviews need to go away. Reviewing if a goal is in the net is one thing, these are no good IMO.