SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

because it is..that guy ripped off pretty much every other ______ hawk school with the hawk head (very subtle rip off of bb logo with the yellow and red...nice), oregon ducks with the winds flayed out, the philly eagles with the helmet, and miami with the "u" concept..that guy should be embarrassed instead of "i hope they choose my designs"...total joke

He's back and he is bitter, imagine that!

Still trying to sell what was NEVER and DID NOT win! Give it up!

You sure freak out anytime Roughriders is brought up and get extremely defensive about any perceived slight against the F'hawking nickname. 

But heaven forbid other people have opinions & feelings about the nickname ordeal. 

• Upvote 3

"The university will soon issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) inviting professional marketing firms to submit proposals for development of a graphic identity, including a logo and style guidelines, to accompany the new nickname.

UND is not soliciting or accepting graphic identity suggestions from other parties. The selected vendor will work with UND stakeholders to develop potential identities."

There is no way that the agency that gets this proposal submits anything close to what was going around on the Internet as a hawk logo. I do hope they get the message that a Fighting Hawk doesn't have to be a bird ie: it could tie in with the school and regions aviation history. 

You sure freak out anytime Roughriders is brought up and get extremely defensive about any perceived slight against the F'hawking nickname. 

But heaven forbid other people have opinions & feelings about the nickname ordeal. 

Gee, I wonder why? This is what happened to me and others when.....no nickname was available, was voted off by 7 people, was brought back, when Nodaks was our next choice, when Nodaks lost the vote but brought back, when Nodaks was defeated!

And all the bs was written over and over and over and over from.......yep you guessed it, the RR diehards on here. It's all fine until someone does it back to you?

"The university will soon issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) inviting professional marketing firms to submit proposals for development of a graphic identity, including a logo and style guidelines, to accompany the new nickname.

UND is not soliciting or accepting graphic identity suggestions from other parties. The selected vendor will work with UND stakeholders to develop potential identities."

There is no way that the agency that gets this proposal submits anything close to what was going around on the Internet as a hawk logo. I do hope they get the message that a Fighting Hawk doesn't have to be a bird ie: it could tie in with the school and regions aviation history. 

That's bull$%!#. If they want this thing to work they should allow anyone to submit. A local artist could get way more support (Ben Brein) and would actually understand what was so special about fighting sioux and what the standard is for UND.

• Upvote 2