SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

How embarrassing for the people on the Committee and all of the UND community to have such an ordinary and uninspiring choice duplicative of so many other schools. 

My thoughts exactly...embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

That helmet looks way too similar to the Philadelphia Eagles.  Not a fan.

because it is..that guy ripped off pretty much every other ______ hawk school with the hawk head (very subtle rip off of bb logo with the yellow and red...nice), oregon ducks with the winds flayed out, the philly eagles with the helmet, and miami with the "u" concept..that guy should be embarrassed instead of "i hope they choose my designs"...total joke

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I still think the wings from this could work as 1 of hopefully 2 hawk logos.

12243418_10101604529512085_9195564704234

Agree with the plain wings.  Very cool potential.

Yes, even if we had become the Roughriders people would be posting stuff about it. But at least we would have a cool, unique nickname to support. 

Bingo

• Upvote 2

Fair enough.  Wrong word.  Its just that when I hear some of you using "Fhawk" the way you are I am imagining it coming from some drunken 19 year old frat boy Bison or Gopher fan.

Frat boy? How about GF Herald's Tom Miller earlier today on Twitter: 

@tommillergf: SNOW! F-HAWKS! Ok, now that's out of the way, here's a story I wrote on the guys who block for John Santiago: https://t.co/ZUdcR0r6wE

I figure if this is the new de facto acceptable standard, what the F'Hawk, I'm going with it. 

• Upvote 2

because it is..that guy ripped off pretty much every other ______ hawk school with the hawk head (very subtle rip off of bb logo with the yellow and red...nice), oregon ducks with the winds flayed out, the philly eagles with the helmet, and miami with the "u" concept..that guy should be embarrassed instead of "i hope they choose my designs"...total joke

Seriously? Go away. He was just making a mock up for people to talk about. No reason to rip him like that. Total joke.

• Upvote 3

Seriously? Go away. He was just making a mock up for people to talk about. No reason to rip him like that. Total joke.

agree- a guy put some time into a concept.  Like it or not, a person should abide by common courtesy...even if hidden behind a computer.

I was raised that you could tell a lot about s person by how they acted when no one was watching.

no need to lay into somebody.

• Upvote 2