SiouxSports.com Forum

Seriously NCHC, 4 obvious blown calls?

siouxnami

Phantom calls and missed slashes happen every game and are not really worth mentioning.  #4, a replay review where the puck is without question well over the line and play has not been stopped ... well, that's as bad as I've seen.  It is no sin they didn't see it live.  The guy was in perfect position but his view was obscured.  Video review gives them the chance to correct an honest error, and I can't see the point of even having a review if this is the outcome.

I did not realize it was Anderson & Shep. Hate to say it, but they are among the best. These refs had a terrible weekend. I expect the team will get a quiet apology mid week. 

It wasn't, it was Krebsbach and somebody else. I was emphasizing their incompetence by saying the Sheppards and Anderson are the best in the league. Sad.

My opinion, 1,2, and 4 are the worst.  I can handle #3.  Moore should have never been in that game.  When it happened I told my wife there is no way he should be allowed to stay, and then he was.  Parks getting ripped down, how is that even remotely a penalty on him?  I realize you don't want the game to get out of control, but that's why you start making the correct call.  Finally, the goal, or no goal.  There's really no comment I can really make on that, I will never understand that one.

Add #5 Siouxnami. It was Pattyn I believe who got called for goalie interference behind the DU goal in the 1st period, how I don't know. Pattyn moved to get around the goalie (which he did) but the goalie leaned/reached out to touch Pattyn as he went by then he flops like he got hit by Pattn to get the freaking int call. Terrible officiating.

1) Moore allowed to stay in game after vicious deliberate dangerous hit away from the puck. - He stays in the game and scores 2 and the SO winner.

2) Up 2-0, Phantom call on Parks to negate 2 minutes of 5 on 3.

3) Obvious interference / slash as Caggiula scores with the refs right there watching, and nothing called.

4) Obvious puck 6 inches past the goal line and the refs can't find it on replay.

Are you serious, you guys just suck...

It is exceedingly rare that refs decide a game, but I felt cheated tonight.

End rant

The goalie FLOP after he reached out and contacted the Captain was so amazingly agregious that this is where the NCHC MUST take the lead in severe punishment of the behavior.

A 2-4 game suspension is in order and the ref who bought that job needs to be relieved.

And NOT ONE F@#%ING THING WILL BE DONE ABOUT IT!!!! All we would get at most is "duuuuuhhhhh the wefs cowed it as dey sow it duhhhhhhh" Its a digrace to the game of hockey. DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SH*T NCHC. As don adams sits in his recliner while smoke his cigar saying its a good day. FU don!!!!! UGJ, im so pissed right now. Ok i think im done,

It is no sin they didn't see it live.  The guy was in perfect position but his view was obscured.  Video review gives them the chance to correct an honest error, and I can't see the point of even having a review if this is the outcome.

Although, when you look at the replay, the referee is leaning over the top of the net as Gaarder points to the puck across the line. He had to have seen it there, he's looking right at it. No idea why review didn't get it right (either night),.

Do they get all angles for the review that we saw on TV, or just the overhead?

And once the Sioux scored twice on the major, Denver was allowed to play the holding/interference/tackling game that they did so well during the championshop years. 

Finally, why was the last faceoff in the Sioux end, after Denver shot the puck over the net, off the water bottle, and out of the rink, That should have been taken outside the zone.

I have had season tickets for years...this weekend's officiating crew was awful but it isn't anything new from my years of watching games live. I unfortunately have just come to expect less than quality knowledgable officiating in college hockey. After Pattyn got the phantom goalie interference call early on my 9 year old daughter...again NINE...said "I know that wont be the only terrible penalty called tonight"...and she doesn't even play hockey!

IMO this along with a bad bounce makes it so tough to win games, especially big playoff NCAA games, on a run to winning...wait for it...a " natty". I think I remember the phantom elbowing call on Finley vs BC in the NCAA semi in 2007? Horrible call all because Joe is 7'1" and that was huge in the outcome of that game as I came right after TJ scored SH if memory serves me right. (I could be off on all the right sequence of events but you get the point.)

• Upvote 1

Sounds like our game wasn't the only poor spot for NCHC officiating tonight.

You got that right. I flipped on the Miami-CC game when I got home after the Sioux game last night and CC had a third period game-tying goal waved off by a phantom goalie interference call. The CC announcer pretty much went off on the reffing in the league the rest of the broadcast. It was a terrible no goal call. Worse than the no goal call in the Sioux game.

Now I haven't watched a lot of games in the other conferences, but do the number of reviews the officials are doing seem excessive in comparison? It seems like overall we are seeing waaaayyy too many reviews. Maybe they're legit, or maybe the guys on the ice are using it as a crutch, and aren't being as sharp as they need to be on the ice. Call me synical, but sometimes I wonder if they are just going to the review so they can get their story in order for why they blew a call.