SiouxSports.com Forum

Seriously NCHC, 4 obvious blown calls?

siouxnami

You do realize that there's a supervisor of officials in the press box already. Putting an on-ice official in a chair does nothing. Having a supervisor watching over his minions hasn't worked either. 

I'd rather have an official that makes the replay call like the NHL rather then the officials on the ice.

If you grow up in the Twin Cities it's pretty natural to be a Gopher fan just like you would be with the Twins or Vikings regardless of where you chose to get your higher education.  

Hell, in Ohio damn near the whole state is Buckeye fans regardless of where they went or go to school.

I'd rather have an official that makes the replay call like the NHL rather then the officials on the ice.

spot on! This is a no brainer if possible. Refs already going a million miles per hour out there. a couple set of fresh eyes makes sense after last sat debacle.

CQhyDG.gif

An OBVIOUS no goal, I don't even see a puck anywhere near anything that resembles a net (Immense sarcasm intended).  I had intent to blow my whistle just watching it! Also loving the body slam in the crease!

Obvious blown call, but you stand in the blue trying to score with a loose puck and the goalie down at your feet, you get body slammed.   That's The Code.  

It was obvious to us old time fans that by the 1990s the officiating was not keeping up to the improved caliber and speed of NCAA hockey.   Given the quality of the WCHA teams it was especially evident that a change was needed.   The restructure two years ago provided an opportunity for change, but what did the NCHC do.   It filled the shed with exactly the same old useless tools.   A missed opportunity that I view as a self-inflicted wound, which is why I have stopped ranting about it.

It was obvious to us old time fans that by the 1990s the officiating was not keeping up to the improved caliber and speed of NCAA hockey.   Given the quality of the WCHA teams it was especially evident that a change was needed.   The restructure two years ago provided an opportunity for change, but what did the NCHC do.   It filled the shed with exactly the same old useless tools.   A missed opportunity that I view as a self-inflicted wound, which is why I have stopped ranting about it.

With it being a part-time gig, it isn't like there was a whole shelf of new tools to choose from.  Not a chance the league could afford to put a full roster of referees and linesman on the payroll and train them the way people want it done.  The idea of trying to be a feeder system is intriguing, but again, I think you are going to run into the same issues.

CQhyDG.gif

An OBVIOUS no goal, I don't even see a puck anywhere near anything that resembles a net (Immense sarcasm intended).  I had intent to blow my whistle just watching it! Also loving the body slam in the crease!

Any thought to this might bring back goal judges? Goal judge would have had a better view of that and not had the excuse of being out of position.

You do realize that there's a supervisor of officials in the press box already. Putting an on-ice official in a chair does nothing. Having a supervisor watching over his minions hasn't worked either.

Yes, a supervisor is there WITHOUT GAME AUTHORITY.

Put the second game referee in the press box; connect him/her wirelessly to the on-ice guy so either can call penalties.

Why? I've been told Mike Schmidt was in the press box for the DU game in question and he was baffled by what was and wasn't being called on the ice. In this system instead of a guy with 20+ years of experience just polishing a chair and giving feedback he'd be calling the game (even though he can no longer skate at the pace of it).

You could train new officials with this press box guy before they ever step on the ice too: start upstairs, move to the ice, retire back upstairs.

Nope, but I didn't send one after last Saturday's game either.

Andy Murray had every right to blow a gasket last night.

Only listened on the radio, but TH clearly felt the penalty should have been called which would have prevented Stecher's goal. 

Is anyone firing off complaints to the NCHC today after the Pattyn no-call in the UND crease that led to a Sioux breakout and the Stecher goal?

I didn't think so...

Are you??? Guessing that's a no. Obvious miss call and don't even think people disagree ha. Western could use the help though. 2 non goals and a missed clip conduct compares to that. Not even close and you know it.

Are you??? Guessing that's a no. Western could use the help though. 2 non goals and a missed clip conduct compares to that. Not even close and you know it.

If you're going to b*tch about non-goals and obvious penalties being missed, at least be consistent about it.

It would appear that we don't want to tolerate poor officiating...unless UND is the beneficiary of the calls or non-calls.

BTW, AZ, I still have your customized SiouxSports.com hat...

Is anyone firing off complaints to the NCHC today after the Pattyn no-call in the UND crease that led to a Sioux breakout and the Stecher goal?

I didn't think so...

That there was a goal afterwards is inconsequential...   sure it was a missed call but so was the one on Schmaltz.  The difference?  That was blatant embellishment and the refs gave the wrong team two minutes.  There were missed calls on both sides last night but there is no doubt that NoDak has gotten the short end of the stick recently.

Yes, a supervisor is there WITHOUT GAME AUTHORITY.

Put the second game referee in the press box; connect him/her wirelessly to the on-ice guy so either can call penalties.

Why? I've been told Mike Schmidt was in the press box for the DU game in question and he was baffled by what was and wasn't being called on the ice. In this system instead of a guy with 20+ years of experience just polishing a chair and giving feedback he'd be calling the game (even though he can no longer skate at the pace of it).

You could train new officials with this press box guy before they ever step on the ice too: start upstairs, move to the ice, retire back upstairs.

So you're saying that you'd want only one ref on the ice with two linesmen?

The NCHC needs to come up with a review system like the NHL. Have an official who's job is to review goals and the occasional 5 minute major. The conference needs to add in net goal cameras that will help in goal reviews.  

If you're going to b*tch about non-goals and obvious penalties being missed, at least be consistent about it.

It would appear that we don't want to tolerate poor officiating...unless UND is the beneficiary of the calls or non-calls.

Referring to me about bitching or in general?...Who's we?? I was watching with buddies and we all say it was a bad non call and that UND benefited with the goal. No doubt like TH mentioned and many others as well watching the game. Many missed calls weekly in all games but some are easily fixable with technology and they still Fn mess them up lol. That's the baffling part. Not missed penalties