SiouxSports.com Forum

Seriously NCHC, 4 obvious blown calls?

siouxnami

We all appreciate this from you Goon.  Now what we need is for the Country Club Media to start asking the hard questions.  When the NCHC hears its Eric Burton on line 1 they say, take a message.  (Not to say that what you do isn't informational)  When they hear it is Virg Foss on line 1, they say, why hello Virg, what can I help you with.  When you have the SID and the other media all buddy buddy, I fear that you don't get unbias reporting.

Alright, I'm gonna say it.  There is one guy who needs to have the Sioux Hockey Program's back - I'm looking at you, Faison.  The team and coaches shouldn't focus on poor reffing, many fans including me have emailed the league office, the media will not write anything that is so critical that they jeopardize relationships with anyone (they will hint about a controversy, but are not willing to say it like it is).  We need someone in an official capacity to make the case.  This is why we need an AD with a spine - if he has "talked about the subject in private" that's not good enough for me.  This isn't a case of just having the close calls go against us - this is a case complete with out and out incompetence or malfesance (with video evidence to prove it).  The series had league championship and playoff implications and there is no way we should let this slide.  It is my strong feeling Faison won't do what is necessary, leaving the Sioux chat board to express our disgust.  He has caved in to the NCHC powers that be before (the media contract and hiring Don Adams as head of officials - for those of you that have forgotten his WCHA days, he is the only reff that has openly stated his dislike of North Dakota.  Time for someone to cowboy up and back this program.  

I think everyone might be missing something here.

Before this weekend I intended to start a thread discussing the extreme officiating tilt which seems to occur against us in EVERY Denver Sseries. I have posted multiple times over the last 10 years commenting on how poor the calls were against the Sioux in these Denver serieses.

I cannot recall the last time I was inclined to voice my concerns with respect to one sided reffing in games against anyone else. (Maybe back in the day in games against the gophers but I honestly don't recall ever doing so).

In contrast, I cannot remember a series against Denver where I wasn't apaulled to the point of being driven to say something about it on here.

So then vs Denver always, vs everyone else never?? Hmmm? Is it just me??

I have commented on this in the past, and have seen multiple other comments on the topic.  You aren't dreaming, there's a been a DU tilt to officiating in the WCHA history books, and it seems to have carried over into the new league.  Quite frankly, we need to look at every DU game as starting at least a goal down from the opening faceoff.  That said, I haven't noticed it in every game, but its certainly been noticable in the majority of DU games I've watched, and I've been to my share over the years, and watched a lot more online. 

And yet, even with that, I say just keep your hands on your stick, play hard, charge the net, and forecheck those pios through the zamboni doors.  Reffing be damned, we need to bring that A game every time we line up against this team; in my book they are second only to the gophers in overall hatred.

This just in...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/dmitry-kulikov-suspended-four-games-for-clipping-tyler-seguin-185347009.html

Hmm...4 game suspension for clipping a player who is on (at least very near) the puck. 

4 of 82 --> 5% of regular season games. 

In a 40 game season that's two games. If the league had any "gusto" they'd suspend him for one game this weekend and keep the other game as "yet to be enforced". The league would then "choose to enforce it" if UND and DU were to meet again this season. But that would make sense and make the punishment fit the offense. It'll never happen. 

Heads up, I'm also a huge Air Force fan, and at one point I fired off a respectable email to the AHA office in regards to officiating. I did in fact get a response from the commissioner, but it was the typical "sight lines" and "we stand by our officials" response. I was completely surprised by that though.

So Moore was suspended one game. I wonder if this would have happened if a bunch of Sioux fans hadn't emailed Don Adams.

I actually think that if the refs had thrown Moore out of the game, there probably wouldn't have been a suspension. I think this is a makeup call.

I actually think that if the refs had thrown Moore out of the game, there probably wouldn't have been a suspension. I think this is a makeup call.

Agreed! This is the only way the league has to right a wrong, post game. Officiating has been subpar in college hockey since I can remember. The biggest change was when the NC$$ implemented a mandatory one game suspension to all fighting majors. The players could no longer police the games themselves and were left to the subpar referees to make sure dirty hits were dealt with properly. If this incident would have happened in the early 80's, Moore would have been lucky if he would have got a game with the 5. If he would have stayed in the game, goon squad for him!

• Upvote 1

What does a suspension do now for UND? Not a damn thing really. Bottom line he shouldn't have been on the ice win it lose after that clip. Should have made a Moore corner as jewels gave him a nice run. Du can worry about getting home ice. Umd will work them in DULUTH first round anyhow

A makeup call that benefits UND not at all and ends up working in favor of another team in the league in a tight contest for the Penrose.

Then again DU plays CC next. Convenient timing for them. 

Chris Dilks taking time off covering the goofs to chastise UND on twitter for being upset Moore wasn't tossed on Saturday... always a class act that Dilks.

The NCHC being the best conference in the country takes a lot of the sting out of that tweet. LOL

I wonder if he trolls other teams fan boards and calls them out every time they complain about a call.

Chris Dilks, if you're reading this, you're an idiot.

I've always thought if you took issue with what someone posted on a message board, the appropriate thing is to respond to them on that message board.  Not take the quote to your "home" board, and then respond to it there, with your coterie of tea sippers.    That would go with cutting and pasting to twitter, etc.

I think a user account is free, here, Chris.  Feel free to use it.