SiouxSports.com Forum

Seriously NCHC, 4 obvious blown calls?

siouxnami

Although, when you look at the replay, the referee is leaning over the top of the net as Gaarder points to the puck across the line. He had to have seen it there, he's looking right at it. No idea why review didn't get it right (either night),.

Do they get all angles for the review that we saw on TV, or just the overhead?

And once the Sioux scored twice on the major, Denver was allowed to play the holding/interference/tackling game that they did so well during the championshop years.

Finally, why was the last faceoff in the Sioux end, after Denver shot the puck over the net, off the water bottle, and out of the rink, That should have been taken outside the zone.

Anytime a puck goes out of play on a "scoring opportunity", the face-off shall stay down low.

Is there anything that can even be done? This is going to eventually dramatically impact a key series, the nchc standings, or even a shot at the tourney for a team. What kind of pull does UND have within the NCHC to investigate this? I can expect a super close call to go either way, but this weekend was an absolute joke!!!

Goals disallowed, intent to blow the whistle but it was still reviewed, clipping with intent to injure and not ejected, BS goalie interference call.....etc! This has to stop!

I am an incredibly biased UND fan, but the bulk of these calls are going against us........

Is there anything that can even be done? This is going to eventually dramatically impact a key series, the nchc standings, or even a shot at the tourney for a team. What kind of pull does UND have within the NCHC to investigate this? I can expect a super close call to go either way, but this weekend was an absolute joke!!!

Goals disallowed, intent to blow the whistle but it was still reviewed, clipping with intent to injure and not ejected, BS goalie interference call.....etc! This has to stop!

I am an incredibly biased UND fan, but the bulk of these calls are going against us........

I've noticed the same. Und always takes hits early in the season because refs call too many weak penalties. Towards the end of the year the refs start swallowing their whistles (which typically affects the gophers negatively).

I have no idea on this one, but I would claim the the puck at least went out off of a Sioux players equipment. The water bottle belongs to the goalie unless Mike Prpich is on the ice...

And when it goes off a crossbar, the face off it is always outside the zone. I've seen it many times.

Now I haven't watched a lot of games in the other conferences, but do the number of reviews the officials are doing seem excessive in comparison? It seems like overall we are seeing waaaayyy too many reviews. Maybe they're legit, or maybe the guys on the ice are using it as a crutch, and aren't being as sharp as they need to be on the ice. Call me synical, but sometimes I wonder if they are just going to the review so they can get their story in order for why they blew a call.

I'm of the opinion that if you're going to take the time to review it, at least go in with an open mind as to what you see on the review.

I never understood the whole intent to blow the whistle. If you intended to blow the whistle then why didn't you. I just watched the Midco replay of UND's 4th goal (yes, it crosses the line on the goalie's skate side) last night that was improperly disallowed/not counted. If there was "intent to blow the whistle" then why did the refs even bother reviewing the video replay? Like some other sports leagues do on occasion, the NCHC powers to be owe UND an official apology.

Just to play devils advocate here. Is there the same viscous comments if Zane doesn't allow the questionable goal and we win? I know that we lost and there were 3 goals not allowed for UND this weekend, but don't let the game come down to the refs.

as far as the moore cheap shot being a game misco, NO

New rule on pucks off the crossbar and out of play?  I like that change.

Of course, there is the conspiracy theory aspect that the NCHC is trying to have 5 teams with auto-bids so SCSU can make a run in Minneapolis and the conference will put 6 in the NCAA.  

In that light, we have to give the referees an incredible amount of credit in their yeoman-like efforts to keep Denver in this one, and keeping 5 teams in the top 9 in the PWR. Waving off that goal when he saw it go in must have been tough.  Taking one for the conference there. 

Some one pointed out to me that both the goalie embellishment and Moore's hit would have been rewarded with fines today had they been playing in the NHL. 

• Upvote 2

I believe the "intent to blow" issue started with a whistle having frozen condensation in it so when the ref blew on it the sound was not there, from there it evolved to when he stopped the play in his mind so it covers if his whistle is damaged, lost, or he is to slow, tired or lazy to raise it to his mouth. 

I am very curious about the "officals" organization.  Who has input on these clowns?  Is Don Adams an untouchable king at the top of the heap?  Do they have a performance report system?  Are they getting paid in cheese?  Seems like the stakes are high enough that this buffoonery should be stomped out with a very decisive action.  Is it the NCHC, the NCAA, or some hidden panel that these morons have to answer too? Watching the officiating is like a commercial for the CHL, "Come play with us, we know the game".  If Drake was in a hospital this morning would the officials give a !@$!?  Where is the accountability?  What if Moore had gone on to hurt another player?

Don Adam

"I just make shyt up as i go"

As he's trying to make up a actual penalty call years ago talking to the penalty box peeps. Clown and gong show continues with him at the head of the table.

So what steps need to be taken for his removal?

Would it help?  Or is next in line just as inept?

Maybe the rules have gotten to complex or the game to fast for the refs to manage?

So what steps need to be taken for his removal?

Would it help?  Or is next in line just as inept?

Maybe the rules have gotten to complex or the game to fast for the refs to manage?

I don't know the answer to either of your first two questions, but to the last, I would just say that the NHL is a much faster game and the ref's have pretty good control,  They make calls with better accuracy at a faster pace, and often call holds and slashes I completely miss.  So the game isn't too complex, or too fast.  But it would sure be nice if we had better ref's in the pool.  Perhaps it's a salary issue?  Maybe better quality ref's can be had if the league ante's up.  Not sayin...but curious to know if that would help.

Just to play devils advocate here.  Is there the same viscous comments if Zane doesn't allow the questionable goal and we win?  I know that we lost and there were 3 goals not allowed for UND this weekend, but don't let the game come down to the refs.

Would there be the same comments about Pete Carroll if that last play works in the Super Bowl? Yes, there are circumstances when UND still could have taken care of business, but it doesn't excuse the horrendous calls. It is just easier not to get so bent out of shape about it when it doesn't cost you the game.

I'm with the person who said there is no shame in missing something in a fast paced game, as I regularly see things one way then see replay and notice that I was missing an aspect to the play. The key is getting an important aspect such as a goal right on replay. That is what irritates people. I would recommend reviewing major penalties as well, but I'm not confident they would get that right either.

• Upvote 1

I don't know the answer to either of your first two questions, but to the last, I would just say that the NHL is a much faster game and the ref's have pretty good control,  They make calls with better accuracy at a faster pace, and often call holds and slashes I completely miss.  So the game isn't too complex, or too fast.  But it would sure be nice if we had better ref's in the pool.  Perhaps it's a salary issue?  Maybe better quality ref's can be had if the league ante's up.  Not sayin...but curious to know if that would help.

Yes but are you ready to pay the linesman 150k a year and the refs 250k a year. Like they say who has the gold makes the rules.