SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

3 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

If so, would they be Strathmann, Wiebe, and Livanavage, and then either Benoit or Ausmus?

Benoit would be my guess. Him and the other three all lead their teams in ice time. 

Ausmus has missed so much time with injuries that I would guess he isn’t ready. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2023 at 9:32 PM, brianvf said:

That'd be my guess too. 
Benoit has 47 PIM and is a -21 on the year...he'll fit right in.  ;)  :D 

It doesn't appear others are even close to that negative, so makes you wonder if it is a misprint, or if he has some compromising pictures of the coaches.  ;)

48 minutes ago, tnt said:

It doesn't appear others are even close to that negative, so makes you wonder if it is a misprint, or if he has some compromising pictures of the coaches.  ;)

Benoit was traded to Omaha last year from Tri City. His plus/minus with Tri City was a plus 12 in 39 games. Omaha is not good. Their goaltending stats are all sub-900. Sounds familiar lol. 

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

Benoit was traded to Omaha last year from Tri City. His plus/minus with Tri City was a plus 12 in 39 games. Omaha is not good. Their goaltending stats are all sub-900. Sounds familiar lol. 

I know Omaha is bad,  but I found it odd that he is -23 and the next closest defenseman is -7.  Since, most of the time you are going to have the same partner, I thought maybe there was a misprint or something.  

1 minute ago, tnt said:

I know Omaha is bad,  but I found it odd that he is -23 and the next closest defenseman is -7.  Since, most of the time you are going to have the same partner, I thought maybe there was a misprint or something.  

I noticed only one other defensemen has played as many games so I’m not sure if they’ve had a lot of injuries or not. They’ve used quite a few defensemen. I just think it’s interesting the plus/minus was good with Tri City but not with Omaha. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Omaha's GF/GA is 78/120.
You're going to see some unfavorable plus/minus with that split. 

In skimming through his game log…he’s sure on the ice a ton when the other team scores. I hate the +/- stat when looking at individual stats…but the trend def looks iffy here.

On 1/20/2023 at 2:17 PM, tnt said:

Not knowing who it is, who do we want it to be?    James Hagens?  Logan Hensler? 

Well, not what I was expecting with Komzak, but then again he didn't say a great one committed.  Hopefully we get someone who does whatever is needed to help the team win.  Maybe we need a few more of those guys that know what is expected of them and they do it.  

• 2 weeks later...

A goalie with a lot of upside from the area that I think UND should keep an eye on is Noel Olsonawski.  Saw him play a few times this year and last and I'm just always impressed with his positioning and skating ability in the net.  I think he has a really high ceiling, and I'm interested to see how he does in junior hockey.  

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

A goalie with a lot of upside from the area that I think UND should keep an eye on is Noel Olsonawski.  Saw him play a few times this year and last and I'm just always impressed with his positioning and skating ability in the net.  I think he has a really high ceiling, and I'm interested to see how he does in junior hockey.  

And where is he from and how old is he?

38 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

And where is he from and how old is he?

Moorhead kid that attends Shanley that plays for South-Shanley.  Senior in high school with a .93 GAA and a 95% save percentage.  Not bad at playing the puck either.

His mom was an NDSU D2 All American in track and field.  She sadly lost her battle with cancer in 2020.  

Wondering if Tyler Hennen from Kittson Central has college potential.  They play a soft schedule, but averaging 5 points and a hat trick a game, must have some potential considering the other teams are probably keying on him.  Would imagine he will need to prove he can do it against better competition.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Wondering if Tyler Hennen from Kittson Central has college potential.  They play a soft schedule, but averaging 5 points and a hat trick a game, must have some potential considering the other teams are probably keying on him.  Would imagine he will need to prove he can do it against better competition.

100%

elite league numbers blended in.

15 hours ago, tnt said:

Believe he has played in the elite league the last couple years and pretty well this fall. I think there have been a few types from these small schools in 8A that have put up huge points playing soft schedules and huge minutes out of necessity going back a number of years. Places like Kittson, Red Lake Falls, Park Rapids, and Lake of the Woods a while ago.

22 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Believe he has played in the elite league the last couple years and pretty well this fall. I think there have been a few types from these small schools in 8A that have put up huge points playing soft schedules and huge minutes out of necessity going back a number of years. Places like Kittson, Red Lake Falls, Park Rapids, and Lake of the Woods a while ago.

Agreed. And he’s an old senior. Numbers are significantly skewed  

40 minutes ago, ChadR said:

His brother is committed to Augustana. Playing in NAHL. I'd have to believe he has D1 potential.

Agreed, he may have D1 potential. I guess my point was that just because he’s putting up video game numbers (on the rookie level) doesn’t mean he’ll end up playing D1, or should be on our radar or anything. His schedule is really bad, not drafted by any junior league, etc etc. Basically he’s beating up on terrible comp.

But you never know I suppose. I’ve never seen him play.

On 2/1/2023 at 5:24 PM, Wilbur said:

Moorhead kid that attends Shanley that plays for South-Shanley.  Senior in high school with a .93 GAA and a 95% save percentage.  Not bad at playing the puck either.

His mom was an NDSU D2 All American in track and field.  She sadly lost her battle with cancer in 2020.  

:(