SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

46 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Garrett Lindberg. Sophomore defenseman for Moorhead. 

45 minutes ago, SpudsSioux said:

Very good Sophomore defenseman from Moorhead. He was Laurila's D partner in Bantams (Laurila now at NTDP). His older brother is committed to Colorado College.

Thank you. Hope UND is in on him. The more talent in the pipeline, the better! 

On 3/16/2023 at 4:31 PM, ChadR said:

Anyone know anything about these guys?

Andrew was at our house often hanging out with my daughter before he left for Chicago. Don't know much about his hockey ability but he is quality young man. 

On 3/14/2023 at 3:46 PM, AJS said:
  • Andrew O'Neill - Windy City Storm 15O
  • Lincoln Kuehne - Northstar Christian Academy 16U

Both from Fargo

Heard both made the team. That would be big news having 2 North Dakota guys on the NTDP.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Heard both made the team. That would be big news having 2 North Dakota guys on the NTDP.

Hearing the same,

Good on them.

Oneil kid has been the best '07 and frankly probably '06 in ND through Squirts PW Bantam HS up until he left for AAA. 

Heck of a kid and hockey player. 

16 hours ago, AJS said:

15 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Hearing the same,

Good on them.

Oneil kid has been the best '07 and frankly probably '06 in ND through Squirts PW Bantam HS up until he left for AAA. 

Heck of a kid and hockey player. 

At what point in time could these two players make an NCAA commitment?

8 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

At what point in time could these two players make an NCAA commitment?

O'Neill would be this August. Kuehne is a late November birthday, so I'm assuming he wouldn't be able to until August 2024. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 6:48 PM, scpa0305 said:

Curious if we could flip Daimon Gardner out of Tri City. Warroad kid. Putting up a nice ushl season currently committed to Clarkson. We used to mop up these areas.

He was good in the state tourney a year ago. I was surprised he was going to Clarkson.

I believe his sister is Kayla Gardner who played for the UND womens team for 4 years.

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

3 F-M kids on NTDP, we hopefully can land two of them.

More of the MN/ND kids played AAA rather than high school. Is that a growing trend? Paging resident MN youth hockey expert @scpa0305

Big time…I’ve heard Bantams/MNHSHL is getting tougher and tougher to recruit because of the age disparity of the kids at each level (I.e. 09s playing with late 07s etc). They have an easier time comparing against kids playing at the same age level. Plus, hockey is growing tenfold around the country. For example, shattuck only won one of the National tourneys this year. I do know of a number of high end kids that went the tier 1 route.

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Big time…I’ve heard Bantams/MNHSHL is getting tougher and tougher to recruit because of the age disparity of the kids at each level (I.e. 09s playing with late 07s etc). They have an easier time comparing against kids playing at the same age level. Plus, hockey is growing tenfold around the country. For example, shattuck only won one of the National tourneys this year. I do know of a number of high end kids that went the tier 1 route.

Team ND Tier 1 got smoked at all levels in the National Tournament. You can't have a temporary team that only plays together for a couple of months compete against teams that play Tier 1 AAA all season long. Even the few MN teams that played Tier 1 didn't do well in the Nationals.  MN is too ingrained in their high school leagues and ND is following that system.

If you want to be the best, you have to play the best. Canada is darn close with their AAA teams. Team ND along with Team MN should be in a AAA league along with teams in Canada. Let the players that have the talent hone it playing better competition. You can't play a weaker high school schedule and then expect to compete at the Tier 1 level. That's the reason players are leaving to play with AAA teams.

If you want to be the best, you have to play the best.