SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Definitely is, a lot of players will end up playing D1. As it relates to our program….the only uncommitted player i could see is Fischer. Pilgrim looks the part but he’s being spoon fed by shaugabay. His vision doesn’t look the part.

Fisher said he's down to Denver and Notre Dame in The Rink Live's write up on him yesterday.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Definitely is, a lot of players will end up playing D1. As it relates to our program….the only uncommitted player i could see is Fischer. Pilgrim looks the part but he’s being spoon fed by shaugabay. His vision doesn’t look the part.

Shaugabay is great but that whole top line brings something. I don't know that I'd offer Pilgrim or Marvin-Cordes yet but I'd definitely be in contact and making sure they know we are interested, really like Comstock too but size will likely hold him back and the freshman Hontvet will be one to see how he develops. Heavy contact with Reierson and Lindberg of Moorhead too. Edina has a freshman West that is one to track. Hill has a couple younger guys and then the goalie Erickson is one I could see popping up in JRs. Cathedral had a couple solid Sophs. Tonka and Andover I think everyone is committed but Scheetz is a guy I really like and he is another one Vermont got committed early, they have been very active in MN last couple years.

16 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Shaugabay is great but that whole top line brings something. I don't know that I'd offer Pilgrim or Marvin-Cordes yet but I'd definitely be in contact and making sure they know we are interested, really like Comstock too but size will likely hold him back and the freshman Hontvet will be one to see how he develops. Heavy contact with Reierson and Lindberg of Moorhead too. Edina has a freshman West that is one to track. Hill has a couple younger guys and then the goalie Erickson is one I could see popping up in JRs. Cathedral had a couple solid Sophs. Tonka and Andover I think everyone is committed but Scheetz is a guy I really like and he is another one Vermont got committed early, they have been very active in MN last couple years.

West could be a good one if he focuses on hockey. I believe he’s a multi sport guy…very good football player 

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

West could be a good one if he focuses on hockey. I believe he’s a multi sport guy…very good football player 

All studies show he will be better off remaining a multi sport athlete. Less chance of peaking early, less chance of injury. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

We were heavy on him…but he was a bit inconsistent in some bigger showcase event and I believe (total rumor) we wouldn’t totally commit when he was eligible and he chose UMD. Then he actually did well in the ushl this year. So our miss I suppose.

Did we even want him?

Just now, SiouxScore said:

Pilgrim making quite the statement today. Creating a lot for himself. Worry that he ends up at Duluth.

I was just typing the same thing. His phone will be ringing off the hook. 

Am I correct in thinking that Pilgrim will play for the Chicago Steel in juniors?

On 3/10/2023 at 9:14 PM, iramurphy said:

All studies show he will be better off remaining a multi sport athlete. Less chance of peaking early, less chance of injury. 

Right… I should have said “chooses” as opposed to “focuses”

• Upvote 1