SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

On 2/6/2023 at 5:07 PM, scpa0305 said:

Agreed, he may have D1 potential. I guess my point was that just because he’s putting up video game numbers (on the rookie level) doesn’t mean he’ll end up playing D1, or should be on our radar or anything. His schedule is really bad, not drafted by any junior league, etc etc. Basically he’s beating up on terrible comp.

But you never know I suppose. I’ve never seen him play.

Well he does have D1 potential…just committed to something called Augastana 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Maybe not…isn’t Oshie quite a bit bigger?  Might be some adjustment time needed to play at the college level.

Oshie was a freight train.  A skill player that could barrel over you to get to the puck.
Was so much fun watching him at UND.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Maybe the staff should try too flip this commitment. 

His brother Grant committed to Northern Michigan. Was with FForce a couple years but now I think with Omaha or Sioux Falls. I thought Grant was top MN top HS scorer his senior year. Might be tough to flip if brother still committed to NMU. 

6 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

I see hennen from hallock going to augie also

quitnthe class they putting together down there 

Raboin is well liked and respected by players. Great recruiter. With Morton as AD, new arena and Sanford money I would expect them to do well given time. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Maybe the staff should try too flip this commitment. 

We did flip Hedquist from CC, or at least he reopened his recruitment.  Hedquist was similar to Keegan Karki and Matej Tomek, they were thought to be huge gets.  We have no idea how Hedquist will end up playing, but I don't think his stock is as high as it was when he was younger.  I think with goalies, it is nice to see how they do at the Junior level before offering.  There are plenty of late bloomers that have a high ceiling.  Slukynsky might end up being a stud, but there is no guarantee.  

• 2 weeks later...