SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

On 2/4/2023 at 9:32 PM, tnt said:

Wondering if Tyler Hennen from Kittson Central has college potential.  They play a soft schedule, but averaging 5 points and a hat trick a game, must have some potential considering the other teams are probably keying on him.  Would imagine he will need to prove he can do it against better competition.

I saw him play last night. He has good size.  They got beat 6-4 by DL in round 1 of Sec 8.  DL is good but not great. Hennen  had one assist. I think he will need a year or 2 of juniors to develop.  He looked like a very good HS player.  Doesn’t have a lot of help so tough to say but I’m not the guy to evaluate. I may have expected too much. 

11 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Do we just not care to recruit talented goaltenders?

Hedquist was committed to CC at one point, then reopened his recruitment and chose us.  Guys like him, Keegan Karki and Cam Rowe were thought to be huge gets when we got them, but goaltending is hard to pinpoint, especially early on.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

I’ve seen him play, really skilled. But is a typically MN kid. He’ll probably need a year, or two, of juniors. If we’re not able to grab blue chips, this is the type of player we’ll need to get. He’d be a 4 year player too.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ChadR said:

Anyone have a chance to watch any of the prep tourney at the Ralph this weekend? Northstar Christian Academy is hosting. Haven't been able to find a link to any results.

Haven't seen much of anything,

Publicity is something that I've noticed Northstar is very VERY bad at.

Frankly both Northstar and Sioux Falls programs are horrendous at social media and publicity, or even having a basic website which is shocking to me. Most Bantam teams in the Minn-Dak have better socials.

For how much it costs to send their kids there is amazing rheres not more marketing around the programs and their players.

Which is a shame because I think there's some really talented kids there and in Forks this weekend.

I believe NCA lost to Bishop Kearney yesterday... two top 20 teams in country in the 16U world.... and not so much of a peep of publicity... 

22 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Haven't seen much of anything,

Publicity is something that I've noticed Northstar is very VERY bad at.

Frankly both Northstar and Sioux Falls programs are horrendous at social media and publicity, or even having a basic website which is shocking to me. Most Bantam teams in the Minn-Dak have better socials.

For how much it costs to send their kids there is amazing rheres not more marketing around the programs and their players.

Which is a shame because I think there's some really talented kids there and in Forks this weekend.

I believe NCA lost to Bishop Kearney yesterday... two top 20 teams in country in the 16U world.... and not so much of a peep of publicity... 

There were a lot of players from the tournament at the Ralph last night. I talked to a few of them from Bishop Kearney. They really liked the facility. Coming up here all the way from Rochester is pretty cool…… the one in New York!