dagies

16 hours ago, brianvf said:
  • Keith McInnis -- UND!
  • Danny Nelson -- Notre Dame
  • EJ Emery 
  • Will Zellers 
  • Brendan McMorrow -- DU
  • Cole Eiserman

Sasha Boisvert should’ve been on this list but isn’t. Why? We got him before someone put this list together. ;)  

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Eiserman to the goofs

This trend is tough to watch…motzco cleaning up at the moment. They have the top 4-5 kids in the 06 class.

Ouch, that's a tough one. :(
Sounds like a few of the top SSM kids made a "pact" to play together at the college level as well.  It's just unfortunate that they chose UMN to play at.

We all saw how well it worked out for BU and Michigan when they got a huge chunk of highly recruited players at once.
They all lasted 1-2 years in college and not one of them brought home a national title at the end of the year.

Still...we need Berry to land a few of these players. 

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

Ouch, that's a tough one. :(
Sounds like a few of the top SSM kids made a "pact" to play together at the college level as well.  It's just unfortunate that they chose UMN to play at.

We all saw how well it worked out for BU and Michigan when they got a huge chunk of highly recruited players at once.
They all lasted 1-2 years in college and not one of them brought home a national title at the end of the year.

Still...we need Berry to land a few of these players. 

Mich was really good last year.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Yet a more seasoned team not littered with first and second rounders was better.

…and let’s be honest, except for Covid they probably wouldn’t have had Power, Johnson and possibly a few others. I would have liked our chances to get a lot further if Sanderson had stayed healthy.

• Upvote 1

Yes they were, and they were fun to watch.
They couldn't bring home the big trophy at the end though, much like the loaded BU team a few years before them.
Let's hope UMN follows in that same path with all the young talent that they're bringing in.  ;) 

Quite the recruiting month for them though. 

Agreed…Interesting on here how we justify not having “loaded teams” by reminding how they didn’t win it all. Ie, a loaded team HAS to be a champion or they’re a failure. Just my perspective, but I’d LOVE to watch a team full of first round talent doing ridiculous things on the ice and PP all year who has as good a chance as anyone to win it all, then enjoy as those men go on to be stars in the NHL and provide brand recognition for the next 20 years. 

Not saying that should be our strategy or is the only way to try to win, but doesn’t sound half bad to me. I don’t think Michigan or BU fans are complaining too much, even if they had sky high expectations that ultimately fell short (just like UND fans do many years when we don’t win it all). Boo on not getting Eiserman and double boo that the Goph’s did. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Brett0909 said:

a loaded team HAS to be a champion or they’re a failure. 

Quite true. ;) :D

I love watching talented teams. Last year UND went thru spurts of playing excellent hockey and it was great to watch and enjoy. This year has the potential to be even better. We’ll see what happens. I’ll watch regardless of how many 1st rounders we have on the team. :)

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Thought we were ok with one out of 6?

kind of like one and done in ncaa tourneys everything is acceptable

We got Boisvert and McInnis.
That's after getting Perron, Livanavage, Wiebe, Strathmann, Klee, and Slipec the year before. 

• Upvote 1