SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

2 hours ago, AJS said:

Sure. There’s no real magic bullet for roster construction. UND has one playoff win in the past five years. Not to turn negative on UND, they’ve had good teams during that time, more making the point of why can’t people just tip their cap to other programs sometimes. There isn’t anything negative you could say about these last two weeks for Minny or BU.

Sure, I can tip my cap to the mythical recruiting champions, Michigan, Minnesota, BU, BC, but who is going to make the trophy for them.   They have out-recruited everyone for a while, but at some point that title has to ring hollow. It would be nice to have a handful of those guys, but be careful what you wish for sometimes because needing to have to keep filling in those gaps after a year or two can get harder, but made easier with the transfer portal.  Four year guys need to be the base of your team. 

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

Sure, I can tip my cap to the mythical recruiting champions, Michigan, Minnesota, BU, BC, but who is going to make the trophy for them.   They have out-recruited everyone for a while, but at some point that title has to ring hollow. 

I mean Michigan was the #1 team all of last year and lost in the Frozen Four in OT. Duluth / Denver being the exceptions it seems, there could be worse things then watching high level NHL talent, win a lot of games and make Frozen Fours even if it doesn't produce a Championship. UND fans know as well as anyone, it's not easy to win a Championship. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, AJS said:

I mean Michigan was the #1 team all of last year and lost in the Frozen Four in OT. Duluth / Denver being the exceptions it seems, there could be worse things then watching high level NHL talent, win a lot of games and make Frozen Fours even if it doesn't produce a Championship. UND fans know as well as anyone, it's not easy to win a Championship. 

So what is your point? We shouldn't care if we don't land blue chip recruits to complement our three and four year guys?

46 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

One blue chippa one playoff win last 5 years

xorrelation,m?

No blue chippa for a while it seems. We are complacent just making tourney cause it’s so hard to do 

One of those five years, there was no tournament because of COVID-19. Another one of those five years, our opponent in the regional final got a bye into the title game because of COVID-19. The other three years, you can argue our recruiting let us down.

12 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So what is your point? We shouldn't care if we don't land blue chip recruits to complement our three and four year guys?

Not at all.

My posts today ultimately had nothing to do with UND. It was about how weird I find it to try to spin what BU / UofM have done since August 1st into a potential negative. That's it. My original post was strictly a compliment to both those programs. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, AJS said:

But you have to remember, Covid was probably the reason they got year 2 out of guys like Power, etc.   

• Like 1

Let's bring this back on track. Here's a list of five players I'm fairly certain that Berry and staff are actively recruiting. How many does UND end up with?

• Keith McInnis
  • Danny Nelson
  • EJ Emery
  • Will Zellers
  • Brendan McMorrow

6 hours ago, AJS said:

Sure. There’s no real magic bullet for roster construction. UND has one playoff win in the past five years. Not to turn negative on UND, they’ve had good teams during that time, more making the point of why can’t people just tip their cap to other programs sometimes. There isn’t anything negative you could say about these last two weeks for Minny or BU.

Yeah there is…gophers suck and always will :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AJS said:

Not at all.

My posts today ultimately had nothing to do with UND. It was about how weird I find it to try to spin what BU / UofM have done since August 1st into a potential negative. That's it. My original post was strictly a compliment to both those programs. 

You’re posts all made sense. MN and BU have hit so far plain and simple.

as for mn, this state has produced some really high end players for those birth year. MN should have the easiest time getting those kids. Kind of makes sense 

3 hours ago, AJS said:

Let's bring this back on track. Here's a list of five players I'm fairly certain that Berry and staff are actively recruiting. How many does UND end up with?

• Keith McInnis
  • Danny Nelson
  • EJ Emery
  • Will Zellers
  • Brendan McMorrow

I do think we have a chance with Nelson 

5 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

One of those five years, there was no tournament because of COVID-19. Another one of those five years, our opponent in the regional final got a bye into the title game because of COVID-19. The other three years, you can argue our recruiting let us down.

Complete waste of time trying to rationalize him in this vein, FS4L :lol:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AJS said:

• Keith McInnis
  • Danny Nelson
  • EJ Emery
  • Will Zellers
  • Brendan McMorrow

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

I do think we have a chance with Nelson 

And McInnis. We're still for sure in on him.

7 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

image.png.b134b86a43b32aae8756c82376a1a42a.png

Maybe we can steal one from the top dog recruiters since someone stated he was down to only BU and Minny earlier. 

Yeah I read BU and UMN as well in a couple places. 
That'd be a big get considering the weeks that those other two schools have had. 
Full court press, Berry!

On 8/11/2022 at 12:11 PM, AJS said:

• Keith McInnis
  • Danny Nelson
  • EJ Emery
  • Will Zellers
  • Brendan McMorrow

Is Zellers related to the political from ND? I heard we have a good chance at McInnes. 

11 minutes ago, Goon said:

Is Zellers related to the political from ND? I heard we have a good chance at McInnes. 

Zellers parents are both UND alumni. Dad played football at UND for a year or two and was in politics in Minnesota. Not sure what he is doing now. 

25 minutes ago, DL Sioux said:

Zellers parents are both UND alumni. Dad played football at UND for a year or two and was in politics in Minnesota. Not sure what he is doing now. 

I would hope UND can land him. It’s Kurt Zellers kid. All of them are wearing UND jerseys on Facebook.