SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The cities are bountiful; bound to happen. Moorhead/Section 8 would sting.

We haven’t gotten a Twin Cities recruit that didn’t have a connection to the program since Berry took over. 

It is what it is, but I think we’ve gotta start getting some because it impacts getting future recruits from the Cities. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

We haven’t gotten a Twin Cities recruit that didn’t have a connection to the program since Berry took over. 

It is what it is, but I think we’ve gotta start getting some because it impacts getting future recruits from the Cities. 

I thought Karl might help with recruiting in the Cities, but not so much yet.   Hopefully we can nab a few still.

3 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Lucia's insistence on cooling off the rivalry is partly to blame. Having games there on the schedule is a big deal. Heck, let's go beat up on St. Thomas after they open their new rink.

• Upvote 1

Just curious from the perspective of others, with the list that is down to 5 - what would feel like "success"?  We weren't going to go 6 for 6.  Since these 5 are decent possibilities what would be the hope/expectations? 5 for 5, 2 for 5, 1 for 5 - maybe depending on which ones?  Just curious.  I don't post but I read most of these and can tend to get disappointed if I have high expectations/hopes but the reality is not there :unsure:

21 minutes ago, Youldy said:

Just curious from the perspective of others, with the list that is down to 5 - what would feel like "success"?  We weren't going to go 6 for 6.  Since these 5 are decent possibilities what would be the hope/expectations? 5 for 5, 2 for 5, 1 for 5 - maybe depending on which ones?  Just curious.  I don't post but I read most of these and can tend to get disappointed if I have high expectations/hopes but the reality is not there :unsure:

If we get one of the ones I’m thinking we have not a good chance at I’ll chalk that up as a win even if we miss on some others. I love a good surprise. 

Realistically, I’d also say we can maybe get 2 from the list and I’d take it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Youldy said:

I'm in the camp of 0 for 5 is extremely disappointing. 1 for 5 is necessary. 2 for 5 you're feeling good. Anything more you're ecstatic. I also feel like although UND is Top 3 for Eiserman, that one is an extreme long shot.

That list are ones I'm confident Berry is actively recruiting and there is mutual interest. There could be others (ex: Mac Swanson / Diego Buttazzoni) that are really good players, but not sure where they would stand.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'm in the camp of 0 for 5 is extremely disappointing. 1 for 5 is necessary. 2 for 5 you're feeling good. Anything more you're ecstatic. I also feel like although UND is Top 3 for Eiserman, that one is an extreme long shot.

That list are ones I'm confident Berry is actively recruiting and there is mutual interest. There could be others (ex: Mac Swanson / Diego Buttazzoni) that are really good players, but not sure where they would stand.

Diego Buttazzoni?? Ok.... so, we have to have this guy on our team. I don't even care if he's any good :lol:

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Diego Buttazzoni?? Ok.... so, we have to have this guy on our team. I don't even care if he's any good :lol:

If the "G-Man" was still at DU he'd surely land him. Gwoz's teams always had the most interesting nameplates.