SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

On 8/19/2022 at 3:48 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The instgram follows is an interesting way to gauge a prospect's top x list. For example, Aidan Park was mentioned, but as an Asian kid from LA, Harvard and Michigan were safe assumptions as his top two. Sure enough, he follows Harvard, then later followed ND, WI, MI, BU and DU.

That’s basically my primary method outside of local buddy word of mouth. It’s fairly accurate 

On 8/18/2022 at 11:42 AM, scpa0305 said:

Denver’s on a heater…good players coming in their this year. Carle has a reputation for letting skilled players play free. That can be important from a development standpoint. They’ve also been very good the past 5-7 years. 

That’s what happens when you win titles. Can’t blame a kid that wants to win a title…..

4 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So if we go 0 for 5 or even 1 for 5 are any of you ready to realize this program is no longer elite? Doesn’t mean we still can’t have a good program but titles seem pretty far off for this coaching staff…….

We already landed a top tier recruit in Boisvert. So, if we get one more, two more, etc.... would you then consider us elite? Feels like we keep moving the goalposts to satisfy people getting grumpy when we don't win a title.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So if we go 0 for 5 or even 1 for 5 are any of you ready to realize this program is no longer elite? Doesn’t mean we still can’t have a good program but titles seem pretty far off for this coaching staff…….

I heard that if we only go 1 for 5, UND is planning on folding the program.
No longer elite, so what's the point?
They'll probably pull them all off the ice during a practice to let them know that the program is done.  ;) :D 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And that is why NCAA titles matter, despite what some people on here think.

Who on here is saying that NCAA titles don't matter? If you can find ONE, please show me because that is dumb. 

Most on here are saying that it's WAY harder to win a title now than it used to be. There are those that don't want to recognize that. So be it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If "titles matter" how'd Cooley end up at UMn (2003) and not UND (2016) when it was down to those two. 

Titles are one factor in an n-dimensional array of thoughts and concerns these kids (and they are kids) have. 

NIL

and a big ten education

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

NIL

and a big ten education

Big Ten education? Please, he is a 3rd overall selection. He probably isn't taking anything hard as he knows he will probably only be in Minnesota for a couple seasons (or maybe even one).

Again, being a 3rd overall selection will get him NIL deals anywhere. Just imagine what Toews, Parise or even Oshie would've gotten if they had NIL's back when they played.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

I heard that if we only go 1 for 5, UND is planning on folding the program.
No longer elite, so what's the point?
They'll probably pull them all off the ice during a practice to let them know that the program is done.  ;) :D 

UND is no longer relevant outside of Grand Forks. Not sure what you puck heads don’t get about that……

not sure I am fine with a dying program

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

We already landed a top tier recruit in Boisvert. So, if we get one more, two more, etc.... would you then consider us elite? Feels like we keep moving the goalposts to satisfy people getting grumpy when we don't win a title.

Titles are all that matter, screw good seasons when you cant win it all! I had enough of that in college. The season gets boring when you consistently choke when it matters most.

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

UND is no longer relevant outside of Grand Forks. Not sure what you puck heads don’t get about that……

not sure I am fine with a dying program

You realize that UND has one of the highest rated incoming freshman classes this year, right?
Our freshmen forward group is elite.
How did that happen if UND isn't relevant outside of GF?  And how did that happen despite UND not winning a title since 2016?  :D 

Your definition of a dying program is vastly different than mine.

• Upvote 1

I've seen two different 2023 mock drafts that have Jayden Perron going late first round.
I've seen Strathmann projected mid second. 

As I've said, last year they came up huge, and not just for 2022, but for 2023 and maybe 2024.

That has to have some impact this year. (Guys know where other guys are.) 

But yet, somehow, Boisvert is coming now also. 

And I do expect more. 

39 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Titles are all that matter, screw good seasons when you cant win it all! I had enough of that in college. The season gets boring when you consistently choke when it matters most.

So, I'm confused.... you just said that we wouldn't be elite anymore if we don't land a couple of the guys on this list someone on here put together. Which one is it? Can it be both?!?!?!

10 minutes ago, brianvf said:

You realize that UND has one of the highest rated incoming freshman classes this year, right?
Our freshmen forward group is elite.
How did that happen if UND isn't relevant outside of GF?  And how did that happen despite UND not winning a title since 2016?  :D 

Your definition of a dying program is vastly different than mine.

If that’s the case we better be winning a national title this year. If we don’t make it to the frozen four it WILL be a disappointment!

Just now, Sioux>Bison said:

What bars in the state play UND hockey games as much or more than NDSU football games? UND is barely followed anymore in the state.

Again, it's just not true. Many, many, many bars play UND hockey games, every single game. Again, so much anecdotal evidence for you to want to beg us into your premise of us not being an elite program. I don't really understand your motivation.

If you don't enjoy UND's current recruiting pipeline, I don't really know what else I can say to convince you otherwise.  

1 minute ago, Sioux>Bison said:

If that’s the case we better be winning a national title this year. If we don’t make it to the frozen four it WILL be a disappointment!

Definitely agree with this. With that said, even if we don't, it will be disappointing. That doesn't change our pipeline after this season, however. UND is recruiting very. very well right now. 

• Upvote 1