SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

That's definitely a good thing. Visit GF in August rather than January!

Was thinking the same thing about fall visits.  They can only help UND.  If it's early enough, the campus is beautiful in the fall.  And the game experience is second to none. 

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

Are you basing this on the fact that there isn’t a recruit that committed on Aug 1st?

Not many programs got a commitment today especially compared to last year. And there is still a ton of great recruits available. 

No just the general vibe I get from the program the last couple years. Are we still the best program in college hockey or have others passed us?

7 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So are we no longer an elite program?

seriously?

Did you miss the part where ZERO NCHC teams landed a recruit today? It's already been said, but it looks like a lot of these guys are holding out for official visits. I can't for the life of me see how you'd make this jump to that kind of question.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

No just the general vibe I get from the program the last couple years. Are we still the best program in college hockey or have others passed us?

Have others passed us? I think that's a fair question, but the game rolls on every year. This season has enormous potential and we have a helluva pipeline right now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

The lack of first-day commits is due to:

a) ND’s abortion trigger law

b) Rydell not ponying up enough NIL cash

c) In a word, Fufeng

d) Aging facilities, small Jumbotron, and dated locker/weight rooms

e) All of the above

I couldn't have said it better myself. Heard we lost Frost because he was concerned about the method Fufeng uses for processing their wastewater.  Also, has anyone considered Fufeng to be a front for UMD spying on our program and stealing recruits?  Heard Sandy is a big fan of Chinese food... makes you think.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Have others passed us? I think that's a fair question, but the game rolls on every year. This season has enormous potential and we have a helluva pipeline right now. 

Your a vet…can’t get sucked in by these guys 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I think it’s fair to say certain programs are able to grab blue chip/grade A  prospects better than us, at least from a quantity standpoint. We used to be in those types of conversations every year. But Berry knows you can grab that next tier plus late bloomer over agers and actually be a better team. 

We have a solid crop of freshman coming in coupled with an older team. I would be blown away to hang 9 this year but we should be a really tough out and we should be a lock to make NCAAs. I like blue chips more than anyone, but it’s tough sledding right now. The more important piece is having a successful team year in and year out.

My stance on this is clear: We are a blueblood program in college hockey. Anything less is unacceptable (Copyright @Goon 2022, ALL Rights Reserved).

I can accept mid-major status in basketball. I CANNOT accept mid-major status in hockey.

That being said, this year's crop of freshmen look great and will give us some much-needed scoring punch.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

I don’t know the rules of the NCAA, but Berry and Jackson should poach and try a last minute reach out effort to Adam Fantilli to switch and decommit from Michigan with their coach scandal. 

Why recruit  a 16 yr old when we can just snipe the proven kids fleeing Michigans sinking ship.

• Like 1