SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

On 7/8/2022 at 9:39 AM, tnt said:

So who will be our major targets once August 1st rolls around?   Would imagine we will see a lot of roster building that day. 

• Keith McInnis (Waterloo Tender)
  • Sacha Boisvert (Muskegon Tender)

Those will be two of them.

1 hour ago, ChadR said:

3 hours ago, ChadR said:

5 days from a bunch of potential new recruits. No chatter? 

Seems like we may not see as much as a deluge of signings on Aug 1 this year as apparently a lot of these top guys are actually taking official visits this year. 

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Seems like we may not see as much as a deluge of signings on Aug 1 this year as apparently a lot of these top guys are actually taking official visits this year. 

Just out of curiosity, does an official visit have to take place on campus?   Would it be permissible to have a recruit see a spectacle like the game in Vegas?   I know the coaches would probably have too much to deal with anyway, but just wondering what rules apply to visits. 

15 minutes ago, tnt said:

Just out of curiosity, does an official visit have to take place on campus?   Would it be permissible to have a recruit see a spectacle like the game in Vegas?   I know the coaches would probably have too much to deal with anyway, but just wondering what rules apply to visits. 

Good question! I believe an "official visit" per the standard of the NCAA, has to occur on campus, but I'm not sure. I know there are a million rules on how much contact a recruit can have with a coach, so I am not sure how that would work with a place like Vegas.

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Good question! I believe an "official visit" per the standard of the NCAA, has to occur on campus, but I'm not sure. I know there are a million rules on how much contact a recruit can have with a coach, so I am not sure how that would work with a place like Vegas.

Would guess there would have to be stringent rules, otherwise recruits might have their visit in the Bahamas!

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Who are you hearing will be the main targets?

47 minutes ago, brianvf said:

A few SSM players on that list.

Seems to have been awhile since we landed our last SSM player...before that, they almost were like a development team for UND with how many recruits came from there for a bit.

We pissed off their new regime 

2 hours ago, ChadR said:

Who are you hearing will be the main targets?

I've heard, unfortunately, we're not in the mix for Celebrini and there's some talk he may not actually go college. McInnis, we're definitely in on. I've heard rumblings about Frost and Skahan, too

On 7/26/2022 at 6:48 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

I've heard, unfortunately, we're not in the mix for Celebrini and there's some talk he may not actually go college. McInnis, we're definitely in on. I've heard rumblings about Frost and Skahan, too

Frost to BC.