SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Man waiting waiting to hear something but some of the targets are choosing other schools.

really wish we are in on Johnny Whipple…my hunch is that he picks the goofs though.  I’ve heard we’re falling into that Notre Dame conversation, we don’t let skill kids play and we play more of a D scheme. 

41 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

St Thomas having a commit today before we do is an ominous sign for the future.

Oh, the horror! Goodness. 

Denver, Duluth, Michigan, Mankato, St. Cloud, and the dozens of other schools are just all in shambles, I bet, too. :blink:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Man waiting waiting to hear something but some of the targets are choosing other schools.

really wish we are in on Johnny Whipple…my hunch is that he picks the goofs though.  I’ve heard we’re falling into that Notre Dame conversation, we don’t let skill kids play and we play more of a D scheme. 

F!!!! Whipple to goofs. JC. The fact he is a dman…thought we had a chance. 

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Oh, the horror! Goodness. 

Denver, Duluth, Michigan, Mankato, St. Cloud, and the dozens of other schools are just all in shambles, I bet, too. :blink:

It was tongue in cheek, the commit doesn't seem like someone who would be fending off suitors. But maybe Rico found a diamond in the rough, who knows.

• Upvote 1

Looking over the commits today, two thoughts. Both Michigan State and Notre Dame got commits from kids who grew up together, it's possible they were packages. Also, both the Gopher and Badger commit are coast kids who moved to MN as a teen. With the rise in telecommuting that is easier to do now and much less travel-intensive than AAA.

EDIT: one more observation, a fraction of as many total commits as last year on 8/1.

Here's a list:

37 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Looking over the commits today, two thoughts. Both Michigan State and Notre Dame got commits from kids who grew up together, it's possible they were packages. Also, both the Gopher and Badger commit are coast kids who moved to MN as a teen. With the rise in telecommuting that is easier to do now and much less travel-intensive than AAA.

EDIT: one more observation, a fraction of as many total commits as last year on 8/1.

Here's a list:

It looks like only 3 of the players from Schlossman's list are off the board right now.  Perhaps many of the prospects are going to avail themselves of their visits, which I think would be prudent. 

So I thought that Berry was the main recruiter when Hak was the head coach. Is the problem that we don't have Berry hitting the road as hard as he used to? Or what is causing us to not secure big name blue chip recruits?

I'm not saying that we need to be the next Michigan or the Boston University as I believe it takes a mix of high-end talent and grit.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So are we no longer an elite program?

seriously?

Are you basing this on the fact that there isn’t a recruit that committed on Aug 1st?

Not many programs got a commitment today especially compared to last year. And there is still a ton of great recruits available.