SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

If they do the NIL, that would eliminate the grindaz, in theory. Right?

Yep, and keep them from jumping after a year or two in many cases.    

Some corp involvement is good, such as car dealership and restaurant endorsements but it’s the donor driven collectives that bring the serious money. 
I’m a nobody and I’m in for 5k/yr so a couple well run UND collectives should clean up. 

Here’s a recent A-Z list of better known collectives, there are many more. https://www.on3.com/nil/news/on3-guide-to-nil-collectives-around-the-nation/

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Ziemer to the goofs, another huge get. I believe Moore committed yesterday. They are sure stockpiling. Taking a page out of Michigans book 

Or a page out of UW book where they get too many recruits and not all of them want to wait. We can hope at least. 

54 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Ziemer to the goofs, another huge get. I believe Moore committed yesterday. They are sure stockpiling. Taking a page out of Michigans book 

https://gophersports.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey
Goofs hockey site, scrolling down to Mindset link takes you one of their collectives, then another link for contacting the athlete. 

On June 29th the football players set up their own separate “player-led fan community that benefits members of the Minnesota football team.” Called the Twin Cities NIL Club. That’s the first I’ve seen the players set up their own. 

Boston University and Minnesota are absolutely crushing it. There's no way to spin it to be anything other then that. There's more high end players that have not committed then have, so we'll have to have some patience. BU and UofM though are starting to build quite the lead though on top class. Eiserman is down to those two as well.

32 minutes ago, AJS said:

Boston University and Minnesota are absolutely crushing it. There's no way to spin it to be anything other then that. There's more high end players that have not committed then have, so we'll have to have some patience. BU and UofM though are starting to build quite the lead though on top class. Eiserman is down to those two as well.

I've been hearing this same scenario over the last 30 years.  It wasn't until Minnesota started recruiting some grit and role players that they started to be a real force again, and BU is still working on becoming a consistent threat.  

29 minutes ago, tnt said:

I've been hearing this same scenario over the last 30 years.  It wasn't until Minnesota started recruiting some grit and role players that they started to be a real force again, and BU is still working on becoming a consistent threat.  

Sure. There’s no real magic bullet for roster construction. UND has one playoff win in the past five years. Not to turn negative on UND, they’ve had good teams during that time, more making the point of why can’t people just tip their cap to other programs sometimes. There isn’t anything negative you could say about these last two weeks for Minny or BU.

16 minutes ago, AJS said:

Sure. There’s no real magic bullet for roster construction. UND has one playoff win in the past five years. Not to turn negative on UND, they’ve had good teams during that time, more making the point of why can’t people just tip their cap to other programs sometimes. There isn’t anything negative you could say about these last two weeks for Minny or BU.

Because that is all we do around here anymore. The day I tip my cap to Minnesota or BU is the day I turn in my UND fan card.

• Upvote 1