SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

My recruiting info is limited largely to this board but I’ve followed nationwide FB recruiting in depth for 30 yrs. It’s clear NIL donor driven collectives are dominating recruiting. All P-5 schools will have a ddc by year’s end, and it’s not hyperbole to say any D1 without will be left in the proverbial dust.

Virtually all of our ooc competitors have strong collectives but most of their money goes to FB and BB. Which is where UND’s advantage lies.

Sioux/Hawks hockey being the jewel of UND sports identity, and as important as the program is to the fan base, UND is uniquely positioned  for a hockeycentric collective. With good leadership it’s unlikely anyone could compete.

Now for the hyperbole: we have a realistic and doable path to becoming the Bama of hockey.

Sounds over-the-top, but because it’s this particular program, build it and the money will come. We need some leaders to lead and I assume it will happen, but hopefully soon. 

(UMD is the most similar program I can think of with a collective, I don’t know how well it does yet or how much goes to hockey, but they do have a yr head-start) https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2021/7/7/general-umd-announces-nil-program-the-bulldog-advantage.aspx

4 hours ago, CarpeRemote said:

My recruiting info is limited largely to this board but I’ve followed nationwide FB recruiting in depth for 30 yrs. It’s clear NIL donor driven collectives are dominating recruiting. All P-5 schools will have a ddc by year’s end, and it’s not hyperbole to say any D1 without will be left in the proverbial dust.

Virtually all of our ooc competitors have strong collectives but most of their money goes to FB and BB. Which is where UND’s advantage lies.

Sioux/Hawks hockey being the jewel of UND sports identity, and as important as the program is to the fan base, UND is uniquely positioned  for a hockeycentric collective. With good leadership it’s unlikely anyone could compete.

Now for the hyperbole: we have a realistic and doable path to becoming the Bama of hockey.

Sounds over-the-top, but because it’s this particular program, build it and the money will come. We need some leaders to lead and I assume it will happen, but hopefully soon. 

(UMD is the most similar program I can think of with a collective, I don’t know how well it does yet or how much goes to hockey, but they do have a yr head-start) https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2021/7/7/general-umd-announces-nil-program-the-bulldog-

I would like to see trading cards of the players. I think it would raise some cash quickly and people would get something tangible in their hands for their money.

On 8/1/2022 at 11:57 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

Did you miss the part where ZERO NCHC teams landed a recruit today? It's already been said, but it looks like a lot of these guys are holding out for official visits. I can't for the life of me see how you'd make this jump to that kind of question.

I don’t compare our program to just the NCHC. Big competition coming from the Big Ten and Hockey East whether you want to admit it or not!

• Downvote 1

On 8/1/2022 at 11:58 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

Have others passed us? I think that's a fair question, but the game rolls on every year. This season has enormous potential and we have a helluva pipeline right now. 

It could be argued that Denver and UMD have passed us in the elite program status. The rest of the NCHC is meh…..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

It could be argued that Denver and UMD have passed us in the elite program status. The rest of the NCHC is meh…..

Hockey programs ebb and flow. UND will be just fine.

26 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Who’s next?  

I'll go McInnis.

Is the locker room done yet? I think these first few days have actually shaped up pretty nice for UND, especially with the majority of the big name Minnesota guys not committing right away.  If they can get these guys on campus they have as good of a shot as any.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I don’t compare our program to just the NCHC. Big competition coming from the Big Ten and Hockey East whether you want to admit it or not!

I was referring to the fact that not many big time recruits committed the first couple of days. The comparison for the NCHC was because well, we play in the NCHC.

Btw, did you downvote me for picking on GF?! Been here long? Lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1