SiouxSports.com Forum

Indiana State @ UND 10/28/2023

SiouxFan100

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Two points. 

1. Support will continue. No one should threaten discontinuation of UND football support. I certainly won’t be. 

2. We can still be disappointed in how poorly UND played. A win is a win sounds nice, but no one truly believes that. The last two weeks UND football has regressed significantly from a dominant performance vs NDSU to a blowout loss on the road to barely beating a winless team in OT at home. Players haven’t changed a ton, so this fiasco falls squarely on the group responsible for preparing and motivating the players; the coaches. 

I hope for the best, which is UND running the table and making the playoffs, but it’s very reasonable (and realistic) to prepare / expect the worst. with all that said, I think UND finishes 2-1 in the final 3, goes 7-4, and is actually awarded a home playoff game this year with a substantial bid actually being recognized this year. Then we get to watch a home playoff game that can be won … 

still, I understand the agony of what could have been after the NDSU win and instead we got what we got these past 2 weeks 

Damn you and your reasonable logic!!!  Hahaha…

I agree with all this 100%.  I find myself saying this way too often (to me anyway)…IT IS PERFECTLY OK TO WANT MORE!  This team is good enough to take the next step…if it doesn’t I for one will be extremely disappointed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

do we run screens? 

Most haven't worked this year. Which might be due to we don't throw further than 5 yards down field on 95 percent of our plays. Tommy has had to throw a few into the ground because there was nothing there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sioux94 said:

Most haven't worked this year. Which might be due to we don't throw further than 5 yards down field on 95 percent of our plays. Tommy has had to throw a few into the ground because there was nothing there. 

i guess a better question is ...when was the last time a screen pass worked?

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

could we mix in please

a. using the te

b. screens

c. occasional bombs

d. wildcat/brockstar plays

I am a little surprised we don't run Romfo more in the Wildcat, especially when we are struggling on offense. 

• Like 1

Lots of negatives today.  As bad as we played we had the game in hand twice in the 4th quarter and peed it down our leg. 

-7 minutes left, up 11 facing 2nd and 8 on their 32 and they had only 1 timeout left.  If we even just run the ball twice we get the clock down to under 5:30 and if nothing else make them go the length of the field and eat clock.  Instead, we give up a pick and big play for a TD.

- we then get the TD back and go up 11 again with 4:37 left.  Then give up big plays again and they score in 27 seconds.  

The positives were the way we made the plays in the last 47 seconds to tie and again to score a TD in OT.   Tommy was incredible on those drives.  Keeping plays alive with his feet and making solid throws.  The FG to send it into OT was a big time play.  Very happy for Elrichs.  That is a tough spot for a kid to make his first FG and also has only had the job for a few weeks.

• Upvote 1

This game flat out sucked.  Not sure what’s going on. Awful, awful stuff we had to sit through for most of the game.  However, they found a way to get it done at the end.  A loss today would have ended UND’s playoff hopes.  WE all hope that they figure something out fast and go on a run. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, shep said:

He found a way to win the game

My post was actually a response to this post. Was this Bubba’s decision or Danny’s?

4 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

It was Bubba's, if not.....then he's not really the head coach. 

4 hours ago, Kab said:

who’s call was that going for 2 when we were up 11

13 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I don’t want bandwagon fans anyways, they eventually jump off the bus. 6-5 and 7-4 seasons and missing the playoffs is what I want to avoid. UND will have fans if it keeps winning, simple as that.

Weren’t you in the Minnesota Vikings thread a few weeks ago stating “Love this thread, title, content, Vikings tears….. I do wonder why you are all still fans”? So which one is it? Should fans jump off the bandwagon or not?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 1972 said:

That performance today, and last week, should earn most of the coaches(including bubba) a pink slip at the end of the season....completely unacceptable to be that incompetent all day

Except we know that’s not happening for financial reasons, get out your check book! Otherwise it isn’t happening unless Bubba resigns!

10 hours ago, UND Football Fan said:

Yes this game is frustrating, I posted my thoughts earlier. DeBoer almost lost to 2-5 Arizona State team last week at home after Oregon win (pick 6 late won them the game) and tonight they are in a fight with 2-5 Stanford on the road.

Teams can have bad stretches, however I do see the argument that our current staff has had too many of these stretches. 

Despite the frustration, I will support this team.

Next week we need to win or a loss would put the season on life support.

Look at UNC , went from undefeated to 2 loses against a 2-4 team and a 3-4 team. Might even lose their ranking now. 

1 hour ago, Prison_Mike said:

Weren’t you in the Minnesota Vikings thread a few weeks ago stating “Love this thread, title, content, Vikings tears….. I do wonder why you are all still fans”? So which one is it? Should fans jump off the bandwagon or not?

To be fair has there ever been a Vikings bandwagon to jump on? Also hard to compare the two teams because only one of them had many more epic let downs. Yet when all the Vikings fans have the team written off they find a way back and should beat a poor GB team this week to get back in the playoff hunt. Lesson of the day, Season isn’t over until it’s over! Vikings have no bandwagon fans because it’s that brutal being a fan…..