SiouxSports.com Forum

Indiana State @ UND 10/28/2023

SiouxFan100

22 minutes ago, shep said:

But this is NOT a loss, it's a WIN. Yes, they didn't play well, but they won. Why can't that be celebrated? Why does that mean as some have noted that it should be considered a LOSS??

It's a WIN. They found a way to do it without playing a good game. 

JUST WIN BABY!!!

FYI those teams at the end of the 90's turned the corner for UND FB which led to a Title in 2001

NDSU squeaked past ISUb last year and still made it to the championship game. Season isn’t over!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, shep said:

As recent as 2 years ago, this would have been an actual LOSS, not just a purported one. 

Be happy with the W, be mad at how they played for most of the game. 

Why would it have been an actual loss? We’ve lost two games in the Alerus since joining the valley and both were to eventual champs. I don’t think Indiana State is going on to win the championship. 

2 hours ago, UND08 said:

I got chastised for saying this a year ago…my beliefs haven’t changed (and neither has the product on the field), but I’m guessing Ira and the good ole boys will get after me for saying that…

This program is better than what it’s shown the last two weeks.  It’s squandered a metric ton of goodwill from Oct. 14th…I’m not saying anything more…I’m just really disappointed in our response to a program defining win…

It’s hard to even think playoffs when we play like this.  Thank god we won I guess or it would have gotten really ugly…and the kids don’t deserve that.

I don’t have anything to do with either the good old boys, nor the hiring or firing of coaches. I had nothing to do with firing the last coach nor the hiring of any of this staff. They don’t ask for my opinion, they ask for my money. 

I happen to agree with the rest of your post. If we can’t win out we have no reason to complain if we don’t make the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, sioux24/7 said:

Why would it have been an actual loss? We’ve lost two games in the Alerus since joining the valley and both were to eventual champs. I don’t think Indiana State is going on to win the championship. 

I’m not sure either but let him go off! 

Just now, HoopsFan03 said:

He is in a clearly delusional state right now! I’m actually kind of jealous of it!

I'm here to help you achieve that state.

Drink vodka lemonade pregame, drink beers during game, get home and drink more vodka but only after having an Oktoberfest then switch to red wine for your night cap.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If we use this close call to regroup, run the table and get into the playoffs, then it will look better than it does right now.

Last week should have been a regroup. 

Must use this game to turn the tables and get back to being competitive as they were a few weeks ago v Bison.

• Like 1

I missed the last part of the game but when I checked the score at Mass (asking for forgiveness) Isu had just scored to go ahead with less than a minute to go in the game. I turned my phone off ( being a good Catholic) and thought we lost. 
when I found out we actually won it  after church it certainly made me feel better than I had felt when I thought we lost.

all perspective - not saying they we played well or even deserved to win.

but winning certainly is better than losing 

• Upvote 4

we went "toe to toe" with statistically one of the worst teams in all of FCS football.........ten years into bubba's tenure and this is what we've progressed to?

offense-danny needs to figure this out quick. what happend to fun danny? he's turned into rudy 2.1

defense-ummmm making it more simpler (running gag for afew years) or promotee dosch and demote schwenny? fire em both?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I missed the last part of the game but when I checked the score at Mass (asking for forgiveness) Isu had just scored to go ahead with less than a minute to go in the game. I turned my phone off ( being a good Catholic) and thought we lost. 
when I found out we actually won it  after church it certainly made me feel better than I had felt when I thought we lost.

all perspective - not saying they we played well or even deserved to win.

but winning certainly is better than losing 

I liked this post if only because I'm a Catholic who tends to look at his phone during Mass for score updates

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

we went "toe to toe" with statistically one of the worst teams in all of FCS football.........ten years into bubba's tenure and this is what we've progressed to?

offense-danny needs to figure this out quick. what happend to fun danny? he's turned into rudy 2.1

defense-ummmm making it more simpler (running gag for afew years) or promotee dosch and demote schwenny? fire em both?

Defense giving up 50 yards in 2 plays is inexcusable.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

The double quote one. I’ve made one post about the game since it ended and it was talking about ISU going hurry up. I’ve also asked you about the criteria for being a real fan. Take your time with that response 

The second quote was my response.  Apparently quotes like that are your criteria for being a “true fan”.  Take your time to comprehend it

4 hours ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

Bubba during the tying field goal:

sweating-nervous.gif.92430f4c83016d83b34b958a1f313361.gif

"Pleasesavemyjobpleasesavemyjobpleasesavemyjob"

That performance today, and last week, should earn most of the coaches(including bubba) a pink slip at the end of the season....completely unacceptable to be that incompetent all day

Yes this game is frustrating, I posted my thoughts earlier. DeBoer almost lost to 2-5 Arizona State team last week at home after Oregon win (pick 6 late won them the game) and tonight they are in a fight with 2-5 Stanford on the road.

Teams can have bad stretches, however I do see the argument that our current staff has had too many of these stretches. 

Despite the frustration, I will support this team.

Next week we need to win or a loss would put the season on life support.