SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Arizona @ UND 9/9/2023

SiouxFan100

Expectations must be higher this year when everyone is arguing how big of a victory is acceptable against a team we had to rally to beat last year.....and MSU had to get a prayer answered in a wild bomb at the end of the game to win. Higher expectations is a good thing. 

I'm more interested in passing the eye test, or sniff test that another poster eluded to, than the exact margin of victory. Get it done on Saturday. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, wheelsup said:

I remember when you used to wait for a crappy loss to jump off the bandwagon.. this year you jump off after a 55-7 win.  The game wasn’t perfect and there were clear improvement areas.. it was also totally dominant. Drake never even looked like they had a chance.

I wish you would save the bubba ball reality comments for when something bad happens.  People are pointing out, reasonably so, that northern Arizona has some good players.. a lot of transfers that have some talent.  It was their first game of the year and so they probably aren’t as bad as they looked against Arizona and they might give us some trouble. 

Bubba has changed a lot in his time at UND.. you don’t give him enough credit.  I’ve given him as much crap as many.. I still think the extension was undeserved.. but he has changed.. he was a defensive coach hoping the offense didn’t lose the game.  Now he lets Danny roll.  I wish we had one of our old defenses. 

as I said before.. I expect a good victory.. we will see the margin based on our defense which hopefully continue to improve. 

I’m definitely not off the bandwagon. Far from it, for several reasons, including the time and effort I’m putting in to support this team in-person. I’m just cautiously, cautiously optimistic …

The recent history of UND football suggests this. 

Ignoring the trends of the last 10 years would be foolish. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I'm excited for another game to see how the team performs against a little step up in competition, and then an even bigger step up the following week. 

I agree.  I think we'll be able to learn a lot about the season as a whole from this game.  The people on here seem to be in agreement that UND should win this game, but by how much and in what fashion seems to be biggest debatable points.

• Like 2